10 Reasons Why I Am Pro-Choice Even Though I'm Not Pro-Abortion

People advocate for unborn children but what about the children already born; abortion is as black and white as others make it, the subject as a whole is a huge grey area.

28
tumblr conversation

First off I would like to start off by saying I do not agree with abortion, but I do believe that the topic of abortion is more of a grey area rather than black and white. Making abortion illegal will not stop abortions it will only prevent safe, healthy, and hygienic abortions.

I also believe that you should not take away a women's right to chose to keep her child or not. What a women does with her body is not my business nor is it yours, it is only her business and those she chooses to share it with.

We do not question what a man does with his body nor does he have to wait for a specific age or his wife's consent to chose what he wants to do with his body. Stop treating women like property and realize that people should be allowed to have choices no matter the circumstance. There are many other things we could advocate for besides making abortion illegal.

1. Hold the man just as accountable for the making of the child as you would a women

When a women gets pregnant, her entire life changes but the man's life doesn't change nearly as much. At any given point throughout the pregnancy Men have the chance to "opt" out whilst women do not. So in order to hold men more accountable for their part in the pregnancy make them help pay for doctors visits, participate in birthing classes, help pay for the child's necessities, take part in the child's life etc. If there is no relationship between the parents then taking care of the child and bringing one into the world should be treated as a partnership. If she cannot back out then neither can he.

2.Advocate for the living children with no voice

Everyone wants to advocate for unborn babies, but refuse to take part in helping the living children with no voice. How about instead of looking to adopt a baby, adopt or foster toddlers- to teenagers because they deserve a loving home just as much as the unborn children. You cannot advocate to bring more children into the world without supporting or helping the kids in adoption agencies or foster homes.

3. Men shouldn't be able to make kids if they cannot care for them once they are born

If a man continues to impregnate women and neglects to care for the children brought into this world then he should be forced to have a vasectomy. He should not be able to create life if he cannot care for them. It is unfair to the women carrying the child and it is even more unfair for the child.

4. Women shouldn't be able to create life if she neglects to care for it . 

If a women decides to bring life into the world and then neglects to care for her child then she should have to get her tubes tied. The same law for men and women. People that neglect to care for the life they created shouldn't be able to have children.

5. Banning Abortions will not stop abortions

Just because you make abortions illegal does not mean that it will put an end to abortions. It will just put an end to safe, hygienic, and healthy abortions. If a women does not want a child or does not believe that she has the ability to care or be a "mother" to said child then I believe that it should be her choice to bring the child into the world.

6. Women should not have to carry their rapists child. 

No questions about it nor an hesitation, a women should not have to carry her oppressors child. In a way it makes it seem like what the man did to her way okay because he gave her a child.

7. Adopting a child should not be so expensive nor unreasonably difficult 

The reason that most children neglect to get adopted is because the adoption process is so unreasonably difficult. Yes raising a child is expensive, but most people that have children do not make $70,000 a year and the children still survive and live a happy life. If you want more children to be placed in happy homes then we should rethink our adoption process requirements.

8. Create more rules for abortion 

I do not agree with abortion but I can understand the need for it. So I think we should create rules for abortion. Like you shouldn't be able to have more than five abortion in 3 years or something like that. I believe there should be ways to make abortion a tad bit more barable.

9. Create healthier , safer, and free birth control

I believe that birth control should be free if you want to make abortion illegal. Birth control give women the ability to choose for themselves. But also Birth control seems to have very negative side effects to you body, so we should really change birth control up and make it better, so that it can actually serve its purpose.

10. Her Body her choice

At the end of the day, a women should have just as much freedom with her body as men. Men do not have to ask society or anybody what is okay for them to do with their body. They can get a vasectomy at any age they want nor do they have to ask for their significant other's consent. Women on the other hand have to wait until they're thirty and get their significant other's consent to get their tubes tied. So give women the same freedom as men. MY BODY MY CHOICE