I Condemned the Actions and Deliberations of the Military at Lafayette Park.

An Open Letter to the Secretary of Defence, the Honourable Mark Esper and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, United States Army General Mark A. Milley.

1239

To the Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman and the Secretary of Defense,

I like to begin by stating the Oath of Allegiance of the Canadian Armed Forces in which it says:

" I do swear that I will be faithful and bear true Allegiance to Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Canada, Her heirs and successors according to law. So help me, God."

This Oath that Cadets, Officers, Non-Commissioned Officers and Soldiers of the Canadian Forces sworn their allegiance to protect and preserve the Crown and the Heirs and Successors Her Majesty, the Queen, and also to their Sovereign that they vowed to protect with lives.

However, In these United States of America, we have our Solemn Oath that must protect our democratic and federal constitutional republic. Our Founding Fathers wrote its allegiance by stating that,

"I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice."

The phrase, "I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me," is a statement of the allegiance that sworn your life to upheld and defend the United States Constitution and the whole United States of America. Also, this phrase "I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same" it was envisioned by our Founding Fathers to uphold our constitutional rights, liberties and privileges that are given us Americans to utilized our freedoms such as: conducting civil disobedience through peaceful protest, redressing our grievances, voting in elections without being discriminated, practicing our religious faiths and beliefs without being feared of surveilled and interfered by the Government and equal protection of the law through representations to the court. Moreover, that phrase also puts the United States Military on a higher pedestal because they are the guardians of the United States Constitution. After all, they are an institution to be an apolitical figure in which they do not involve themselves in the political machinery. It has always been reserved by the civilians to run the Federal Government of the United States. Also, they swore their allegiance to protect and uphold the Constitution of the United States and to obey the orders that are prescribed by the President of the United States and Secretary of Defense. But also, the senior commanders of the three branches of the military: Army, Navy (United States Marine Corps) and Air Force.

Secretary Esper and Joint Chiefs of Staff General Milley, the actions that you took from Monday's violent dispersal of peaceful protestors at Lafayette Park and the fiasco photo-op in front of the Saint John's Episcopal Church, was a violation of the Solemn Oath of Allegiance that you swore as the Secretary of Defence and Joint Chiefs of Staff of the United States Armed Forces, that you must uphold, defend and protect the United States Constitution.

Also, your actions of aiding and abetting President Trump to call in the 82nd Airborne Division, the DC Police and US Park Services to violently dispersed peaceful protestors who exercised their 1st Amendment rights, by conducting a peaceful assembly by redressing their grievances and acting in the name of civil disobedience by ending systemic injustices and racism and police brutality towards not just blacks but also the minority communities in America. Moreover, you Sirs, Secretary Esper and General Milley have lost our trust, loyalty and confidence of the American people because you follow the orders of the tyrant and power-hungry President Donald Trump, rather than, protecting and upholding the United States Constitution and not putting the military as a political ploy nor a prop.

Moreover, deploying active troops in Washington DC and abusing foreign journalists have resulted in diplomatic spats with our closest allies like Australia, the Republic of Korea, Canada and much more. Furthermore, your actions of aiding and abetting to power-hungry President Trump have caused the United States Military to lose the sense of trust and loyalty to whom they should follow orders from their senior commanders in the United States Armed Forces. Additionally, abusive use of force to get rid of peaceful protesters at Lafayette Park has caused the American people to question whether the military is with us or will be used as a political ploy and prop to this President.

Because of the dereliction of your duties and responsibilities as the Secretary of the Department of Defence and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff of the United States Armed Forces, Secretary Mark Esper and Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman General Mark Milley, you must resign from your posts as the United States Secretary of Defence and Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff for the Department of Defence and Chief of Staff of the United States Army. Your position has tarnished. Both of you ought to be ashamed of yourselves to be called honourable in the eyes of the American public.

Sincerely,

Stephen Pierre Elliott Gabriel Duga