I Binged 'Julie and The Phantoms' On Netflix This Weekend, And I Am Absolutely Obsessed

There's cute ghosts, plot twists, and music. Need I say more?

26

I knew literally nothing about "Julie and The Phantoms" when I came across it on Netflix, except for the fact that it was about music and ghosts.

I had seen a good amount of TikToks about it and finally decided that I needed to watch this show.

The show follows Julie, the main character, who lost her mom and her passion for music.

In hopes to clean up the house, her father sends her to clean her mom's old studio. While cleaning, she finds an old CD. She plays this CD and three cute ghost boys show up in her garage. The ghosts were trapped in a purgatory of sorts for the past 25 years.

These ghosts were musicians before their untimely end. Now, they're trying to figure out how to cope with being stuck.

Time goes on, and after discovering that the boys can only be heard while playing music, they discover that performance is the means for their voices to be heard. It only works with Julie, though. The ghosts help Julie find her passion for music again, and of course, I'm not going to spoil a ton of details because then you wouldn't want to watch the show.

There are so many plot twists and friendships gained. There's trying moments that just make this show so good.

The music is really good, especially for being a teen show on Netflix. It's so good that it gets stuck in my head. I'm listening to the soundtrack as I write this. It has powerful and catchy lyrics, with a good beat behind it. It feels like a cross between "High School Musical" and a pop punk rock band. The song "Unsaid Emily" will probably make you cry to be honest, but it's such a good song. The show was directed by Kenny Ortega, the director for Disney Channel Original movies such as the "High School Musical" trilogy, the "Descendants" trilogy, "Hocus Pocus," and "Dirty Dancing."

I started watching the show and instantly became obsessed.

I'm unsure if it was the cute ghost boys, the music, or the plot that made me love this show. Nonetheless, I was completely absorbed by this show. I wasn't expecting to be so absorbed by this cheesy teen show, but I was.

I recommend it to anyone and everyone who is looking for a show to watch this weekend.