I Believe In God But I Don't Believe In A God That Hates

I Believe In God But...

These days it seems that Christians and those alike are just using their faith to justify their hate and bigotry.

248
I Believe In God But...

I believe in God but I refuse to hate somebody based on their skin color.

I believe in God but I refuse to hate somebody based on their sexual orientation.

I believe in God but I refuse to tell another person what to do with their body.

I believe in God but I refuse to use my religion to justify any hate in this world.

I believe in God but I refuse to let you use the name of Christianity for your hate agenda.

I believe in God but I refuse to force you to do something because it is something that I believe in.

I believe in God but I refuse to let it be a reason that we can't get along.

The God that I know and love taught me to love my neighbor.

The God that I know and love taught me that I can't judge you for your sins because I myself sin every single day.

The God that I know and love taught me that my love shouldn't come at a price because Jesus paid the biggest price there will ever be.

* * *

These days it seems that Christians and those alike are just using their faith to justify their hate and bigotry. For a while now I haven't talked about my faith publicly because whenever the words, "Yes, I believe in God," come out of my mouth there is someone there to ridicule every part of my belief system and what I stand for.

To that, I say no more.

People need to know that just because I believe in God doesn't mean that I believe the same things that everybody else does. My relationship with God is just that, mine. Everybody has a different relationship with whoever they believe in, so why can't I? Do I go against God's teachings and His word? Yes, on the freaking daily but that doesn't change my deep core belief system.

No more can we use the name of God to spread hate in this world. He loved every single one of us, why can't we love everyone? Or just not be hateful to others? I know we will all never agree on things but the God that I know and love never hated anyone so why should we? We are not better than He is.