I Asked 7 Friends If They Thought Women’s History Month Was Important - Here's What They Said

Women's history month just began this week.

10
https://unsplash.com/photos/coHeHArudXc

A whole month is dedicated to the history we have made as women and how far we have come. Unfortunately the idea of celebrating women still has many differing opinions. I wanted to see what my friends thought. Here's 7 of my friends, of ALL genders, opinions on the month long celebration:

Let's get straight to the point

Photo by: Clem Onojeghuo on Unsplash.com

images.unsplash.com

"Yes"

What?

Photo by: Markus Winkler on Unsplash.com

images.unsplash.com

"Is that a thing?"

Is it even celebrated?

Photo by: Lidia Vi on Unsplash.com

images.unsplash.com

"No, I've never seen anybody celebrate it."

It is something that should be celebrated

Photo by: Lucia on Unsplash.com

images.unsplash.com

"Yes, women's history in general is very important. It has been a very long journey to get women's rights and we should celebrate that."

Breaking those social norms

Photo by: ThisIsEngineering on Pexels.com

images.pexels.com

"It's important because women broke out of the expected behaviors to make major improvements, not only for women themselves but for society as a whole."

Pointless, but for a *good* reason

Photo by: Marija Zarin on Unsplash.com

images.unsplash.com

"It is sort of pointless. Why shrink an entire history into one month?"

Either way, our journey as women deserves to be acknowledged

Photo by: Valentina Conde on Unsplash.com

images.unsplash.com

"It is important. Women's history needs recognition because not too long ago we had no rights along with strict social rules."

As you can see, *most* of my friends think it's important, maybe because most of my friends are also women, but I agree, there is not a lot of awareness on the month. Take a day out of this month to educate yourself on women and their accomplishments.