Poetry On Odyssey: Hypnotic Lights

Click, click, click, click

sends me into a trance

hard to break from.

Click, click, click, click

The zooming cars on the interstate

no longer bother me.

Click, click, click, click

All I can do is focus on each click,

as I watch the light turn from blue to red over and over again.

Click, click, click, click

Somehow with every click

I become calmer.

Click, click, click, click

I try to focus on every other click

but I fail since both hold me hostage.

Click, click, click, click

Perhaps they are comforting me

even though I am unsure why.

Click, click, click, click

is all I can here,

and nothing else matters.

Click, click, click, click

The police car door opens,

it is the woman who helped me out of my dad's truck.

She talks to me, and all focus on the clicks vanish

Even though they

Click, click, click, click

I can hear them no more.

5 Reasons to Consider a Career as a Defense Lawyer

Lawyers are supposed to be unbiased. Lawyers are trained to look at both sides of an issue and give equal weight to each side. It is meant to be their mantra, "My client is innocent until proven guilty."

64521
Career as a Defense Lawyer

Lawyers are supposed to be unbiased. Lawyers are trained to look at both sides of an issue and give equal weight to each side. It is meant to be their mantra, "My client is innocent until proven guilty." But if you're thinking about becoming a defense attorney, it's not this pretty simple. Defense lawyers argue that their clients are innocent because they don't want their actions to seem suspect in any way. They essentially say for the sake of the argument itself. If you're trying to decide whether or not becoming a defense attorney is something you would like to do, here are five reasons why it's worth considering: