How traveling changes your life.
Lifestyles

How traveling changes your life.

A trip makes you happy.

175
How traveling changes your life.
Jessica Biagini

Every time you travel, you come back home different… completely changed. Obviously, in a positive way. All these extraordinary experiences greatly increase your personal and professional knowledge.

You won't notice it while you are traveling but you will, once you come back home.

You probably think that it can't be, that you are who you are, and you will remain the same person even if you are in a different country, but still when you come back you will find a difference. When you return from a trip you're a different person who left that house weeks before.

But how can that be?

How can a trip change you?

First of all, when you travel you see the world under a different perspective.You meet new people, from different cultures and talking with them makes you able to know the way they live, the religions they profess and their traditions. All these teach you many things. You're able to talk with them and to exchange knowledge, they will understand more about your culture and you will learn things you didn't know. This knowledge makes you understand the value of everything in life. It's like reading a book, or even better because you're experiencing it with your own self. You will know only when you come back home, that the experiences you lived, the adventures you took, and the things you saw are worth the money you spent.

It's better to spend that money traveling, instead of buying material things. "Buy experiences not things", a Psychology Professor Thomas Gilovich, from Cornell University affirmed in one interview, declaring that happiness comes from experiences, not things.

Your experiences are worth the money you spent, and while you are living them, you will appreciate every moment, every second of your vacation. Only when you come back to your home country, you will have an extraordinary amount of memories, that will remain with you forever. Memories are more precious than every material thing you can buy in a store. So, if you are reading this, think about how you will spend your money next time. I know it's amazing to have a Louis Vuitton, or a Michael Kors bag, of course, everyone would like one, but is it worth the money?

A trip is not only something you live once, you live it more than once: when you are in those places, when you go back home and you tell your family and friends what you did and when you see the pictures of that extraordinary vacation you had. All the money that you spent is worth the experiences you had, and the memories you lived.

You can't stay all your life in one place, it's not only boring but it's a waste of time. There are so many beautiful places in the world that must be seen. So don't you think it's pointless not to see all the beauty the world has to offer?

Buy a ticket, take a plane, and travel. You will be so happy once you come back.

When you travel you do "new things" or things you thought you would never have done. Like going up the CN tower, or the Prudential, or the Empire State Building, even though you're afraid of heights. But once you're up there, the view is so breathtaking that you will forget it, somehow. And, once you do it, you will surprise yourself, in fact I think that it's a great way to broaden your horizon. It even depends on where you go, you will eat things you thought you would never eat, things that you won't like, but that is a risk to take.

View from the Prudential in BostonJessica Biagini

Travel makes you more independent. Only if you travel alone you learn to rely on yourself, to understand how self-aware you can be and it's a great way to put yourself at stake, to see what you are capable of. It also makes you brave and it's a wonderful celebration of freedom.

Traveling is a way you can become more social, and you will know more people, that can become your friends and, last but not least, you will respect the world around you and nature more but also traveling makes you happy so , it's time to hit the road and make something memorable.