How To Prepare Yourself For The New Semester

Is there anything actually good about school?

6
tumblr

Yes, you heard me right. While there are many amazing things that come with fall (pumpkins, lattes, the leaves changing, comfy sweatshirts, you name it) this also means that the fall school semester is upon us, and summer is coming to a close once again. Realizing this, I've chosen to carefully craft a few tips to fully prepare you for the whiplash feeling you'll have when classes are only a week away.

1. Keep a box of tissues near.

You know, to mourn the life you had during the summer.

2. Consider purchasing a lot of pens.

Let's face it, I'm lucky if I end the week with the same pen I used at the start of it.

3. Try going to bed at an earlier time.

So those 8 A.M.'s don't hit you like a ton of bricks.

4. Budget for groceries.

Ramen isn't good three times a day, I promise.

5. Know your schedule.

Don't be that guy who's supposed to be in math but instead winds up in the history of John Lennon from 1970-1972.

6. Make a motivational playlist.

Trust me, it works.

7. If you don't have a pet, befriend a person who does.

This one is pretty self-explanatory.

8. Go ahead and pre-order your books.

It just makes everything a lot easier.

9. Make time for yourself.

School is super important, but don't forget to relax if things start to get hard to manage. It'll help clear your head.

10. There are 111 days until Halloween, 134 until Thanksgiving, and 166 until Christmas.

This, too, is self-explanatory.

And before you know it, another semester will have flown by!