How to Have Fun in the Rain

We all know that spring is supposed to be the rainiest season. But for the past few weeks, it has felt like summer has taken the lead, with storms and rain almost every day. How are we supposed to enjoy summer if the sun does not come out to play?! Here are a few ideas of how to still have fun when it's pouring outside.

1. Have a Spa Night!

Were you and your friends planning to go out for a girls night, only to find out it was storming outside? Instead, you can all make your own spa night at someone’s house. Grab a few face masks at the drugstore, bring some of your favorite nail polishes to do manis and pedis, and put on your favorite girly movie for the perfect at home pamper session. If you don’t want to spend the money for pre-made masks, you can find tons of recipes online for masks that can be made using things you already have in your pantry!

2. Organize your space!

If you are like me, having a cluttered room leads to being unproductive, but I also hate cleaning. A rainy day is just the push you need to make you go ahead and get it done. Put on your favorite pump-up music and set up some boxes. Make one for donations, one for your friends, and one for things you want to keep for later to store. That way, when you are done you can easily separate all of your things, making the process a bit more bearable.

3. Read a Good Book!

I know that in the age of Netflix this seems like an outdated idea. Especially if you are a student who has to read so much for class you feel like you do not have time to read for fun. But remember the feeling of cracking open a good book that you had been actually looking forward to reading? The rain is the perfect atmosphere for it. So curl up with a nice blanket and a cup of tea, and let yourself be taken to sunnier skies with a good book.

4. Enjoy a Catnap

There is nothing more relaxing than hearing the patter of rain on your window to put you to sleep. Rain is the perfect atmosphere for a nap, so let treat yourself to a bit of extra sleep next time you cannot get outside.

5. Throw a board game party

If you are worried about the rain affecting your power or internet connections, then you might as well go old school. Invite your friends over for a board game night. Break out the old games, grab some drinks and snacks, and a gift card to a restaurant you and your friends enjoy. Make the gift card the grand prize, and have a competition to see which of you wins the most games.

6. Play in the Rain!

Remember as a kid the joy you felt jumping in puddles? Recreate that! Rain does not have to cage you in. Dance in the puddles. Let yourself get soaking wet. Enjoy the rain like you did when you were a child.