How To Have An Amazing Second Week Of College

It can be just as much fun as syllabus week.

19
Athletic Scholarships

OK college students: the time has come. Syllabus week is officially over. Cue the sad music and tears. I will be the first to admit that I never wanted to see or hear those words ever. Yet, there are ways to make this end of the era fine — in fact, more than fine. The second week of school may not be as exciting as the first, but there are ways to make it just as fun.

First, study.

Yes, studying is boring for the most part. At the end of the semester, though, you'll much prefer to end it with a 3.8 then you will a 2.5. I promise, good grades will make you feel better than any frat party.

Second, call your mom.

She is going to be so thrilled to hear your voice. I don’t care if she’s five miles away or 500 miles away; she is still your mother and deserves a phone call. Plus, most parents seem to magically get so much cooler once you go away to college.

Third, leave your door open.

Leave the door to your dorm room open. Let new people come in and talk and hang out with you. You will meet so many new people and make so many new friends this way. Plus, it’s always nice to have company!

Fourth, go out to eat once or twice.

Yes, we are all broke college students. Yet, budget for some Chick-Fil-A or Panda Express. It will be so nice and heavenly to have a break from your meal plan. If you can afford it, I would recommend a sushi dinner. Nothing feels better during a stressful week than raw fish (to me at least)!

Fifth, relive syllabus week once (but just once)

Honestly, it is still early in the semester. You can definitely still go out and have some fun. So, give yourself a day (Tequila Tuesday, Wine Wednesday, or Thirsty Thursday) to let loose and enjoy the young semester. Seriously though, school is more important so only choose one day.

Sixth, do something artsy.

Maybe I just love crafting, but I feel doing something artistic is super fun and a creative way to de-stress. Color your semester at a glance or decorate your planner; you could even make a fancy notebook cover. Not everyone can love crafts as much as I do, but that a little bit of art will help make for a great second week, not to mention a great semester if you use one of my examples!

There are so many ways to have an amazing second week. It’s almost more fun than syllabus week because you actually get to know the people around you. Trust me, just because school is back in session doesn’t mean that the fun needs to stop.