How To Handle Mean Girls

Mean Girls Exist In The Adult World And This Guide Will Help You Deal With Girls Who Are Not Fetch

Being mean is so not fetch.

185

So, as it would turn out, mean girls exist at every age! I think we should get a movie going on the grown-up mean girls, because yikes. At least it finally makes sense why we cannot break the mean girl cycle, all we do is continue it over and over, again, yikes!

I am sure every single person can think of a time they were affected by someone's meanness and viciousness, which does truly stink. You might feel like this is your issue and somehow you are responsible, but I have learned (which was super duper hard) to literally just ignore it. It seems simple, but I know that churn you get in your stomach when someone unfollows you or does whatever, and in the moment you think this is the rudest thing ever.

Trust me, they did you a favor, just be done! See ya never! It truly is that simple, by not reacting, you do not feed into this toxic energy. Playing games over social media accounts is just so second grade, not like I had any social media in the second grade, but still, if I did, this is how we would behave with it.

If people want to talk about you and say rude things about you? Eh, whatever. Personally, I do notice when people bash other people mercilessly and I note this, like okay, well when will you be bashing my name? So don't worry, they aren't fooling anyone. The best thing to do is, again, nothing. Just show the world who you truly are, embrace yourself and love yourself for who you are and the rest will fall in place.

If after all of this, all else fails and people still believe what other people say about you or continue to bash your name… The last thing you can do is feel sorry for them. Imagine living such a life filled with negativity and hatred? Your own thoughts of being nasty and trying to upset someone just on repeat invading every part of your brain. Um, check, please. These people truly are not worth a second thought, there are so many more important things to focus on in life instead of petty drama. They are insecure and have enough of their own problems, all I can say is yikes.

The high road will probably seem unrewarding at first and you will question it from time to time, like did I do the right thing? Should I have unfriended this person? Why does it seem like they are pulling people to their side? Yeah, they probably are setting up these meeting times in hopes to bring you down, but the energy it takes to set all of this up? The constant worrying about who is with you or against you? Yeah, that's not for me, it is tiring and tacky quite honestly. Be your own bestie, you don't need that nonsense, there are too many good people in this world to let the bad ones get you down.

When you do nothing in return to acts of meanness, you are staying out of karmas way and letting her take care of the rest. The high road makes for the perfect viewing of this. Or you might feel bad for this person because eventually, they will break down. Have faith, life will be good.

Remaining positive in hard situations is one of the biggest challenges I think anyone will have to face, but let me just say 'killing them with kindness' is by far the best way to execute this plan. If I could give any advice to girls battling drama and mean girls, is honestly just love yourself, you will feel so much better and along the way, you could quite possibly piss a negative person off which to me is killing two birds with one stone (without actually harming any animals of course). Be positive and stay above the low blows. It may seem like the world is against you and your friends are traitors, but fear not, the world is just getting rid of toxic relationships and making room for the good ones.

The best way to overcome mean people is just rising above their low blows! Try not to feed them energy by giving no reaction. Maybe pick up healthy habits, like writing, to get rid of your frustrations and hopefully help someone else out along the way.