How to Get Ready for the Holiday Season

How to Get Ready for the Holiday Season

It is getting to be the time of year where everyone begins thinking about decorating for the holidays. Utah Light Company, an industry-leading manufacturer and retailer of LED lights, has put together a few tips on how you can get ready for the holiday season.

3
How to Get Ready for the Holiday Season

Hang Outdoor Christmas Lights Early

The first thing in getting ready for the holiday season is to make sure all of your outdoor Christmas lights are hung on your house or apartment building before Thanksgiving day. It is also good to make sure all of your wires are hidden, so passersby don't see them during prime vacation time (citation needed). Visually inspect your lights and replace any burnt-out bulbs immediately so that your home doesn't have too many dark spots when it gets dark out.

Store Your Christmas Tree Properly

Many people have found that it doesn't last long because of the holidays when they purchase a live tree. To help in prolonging the life of your tree, Utah Light Company recommends using this guide to store your tree inside your home after decorating it! Place the cut end of the trunk in water and leave it near enough to a heat vent so that your tree won't dry out too quickly. Also, take care not to block any doorways so you can easily access them during vacation time.

Lights for New Outdoor Structures

Do you have an outdoor structure like a gazebo or patio that you would like to illuminate for Christmas lights Utah ? If so, Utah Light Company has a variety of lights that are designed for outdoor use. They can withstand the elements and are shaded with covers to prevent them from being damaged by rain or snow.
Make sure that your lights don't come into direct contact with any water or moisture during the installation. Utah Light Company suggests changing the batteries each month to keep them working at their best to ensure that your lights remain lit even during vacation time (citation needed).

Don't Forget About Your Mailbox!

Many people decorate the insides of their mailboxes with some festive garlands or other holiday decorations. It is also recommended not to discard your old mailbox for a new one because of the holidays, but instead, wait until after New Year's Day, so you aren't left without one when it rains or snows. Just like any outdoor light fixtures, make sure they are securely fastened and fully functional before putting any exterior lights on your house.

Gob Gobble!

Thanksgiving is almost near, and it's an essential holiday to remember when entering the holiday season. Ensure that you have all of the necessary ingredients before the big day so you can avoid any last-minute trips during vacation time.
Ensure that your guests feel welcome by having plenty of chairs available for them to sit in comfortably. Don't forget about Thanksgiving activities like Turkey Bingo, football, or simply spending time with family!

Be ready for Santa's Arrival

Utah Light Company generally receives many phone calls from people wanting to know if their lights are working correctly because they haven't turned their lights on since last year's holiday season. The company advises customers to check each light strand before turning them on again if there are any faulty lights. If you find any, replace them with new LED lights and turn them back on!

Don't Forget to Celebrate the Season!

Utah Light Company reminds its customers that you don't have to celebrate Thanksgiving if it falls during your school or work break: use the time off to enjoy Halloween, Christmas, Hanukkah, and New Year's Eve festivities too! Make sure that when these holidays come around next year, you aren't left unprepared for anything for you to enjoy every second of your winter holiday.