5 Classic Holiday Activities To Get You Into The Christmas Spirit

Halloween is over, now what?

3
Photo by JESHOOTS.COM on Unsplash

The month of November is a tricky subject, do we casually sit here and wait for Thanksgiving to pass by before pulling out all of the Christmas gear? Does Thanksgiving get offended if we pull out the holiday stops beforehand rather than focus on the turkey and pumpkin pie? Especially now with the Coronavirus, what is it we can do to make our lives a little more festive when every day feels the same?

Personally, November 1st comes and I hit play on the Christmas music. I find it nice to have something like that to look forward to. It brings a joy to me that is not felt throughout the rest of the year. It's never too soon to begin preparing for the holidays, there is a lot that goes into it.

Here are five ways to get into the festive Christmas spirt:

1. Bake Some Cookies!

Grab the flour, sugar, and eggs! Throw on some holiday tunes and let the baker in you come out. Whether it's chocolate chip cookies or fun cut out sugar cookies, it is bound to make you feel all giddy and full of joy.

2. Let's Decorate!

There is nothing wrong with pulling the mistletoe, snowmen statues, and cranberry twigs out a little early. Just a little shift in the vibes around you can buckle you up for the exciting times to come.

3. Visit a Christmas Tree Farm!

Yeah it may be a tad bit early to actually put the tree up, however it doesn't hurt to take a stroll around the farm to find some inspiration.

4. Watch Hallmark Holiday Films!

I can't lie, one of my biggest guilty pleasures is a Christmas movie marathon. Throw them on the TV and snuggle into a soft blanket while sipping on some hot peppermint cocoa.

5. Enjoy Christmas Music Lyrics!

Press play to some holiday tunes, whether you're cleaning while it plays or just laying around. The lyrics are bound to get you in that Santa spirit.