How To Celebrate Pi Day Like A Champ

How To Celebrate Pi Day Like A Champ

Math nerds, unite!

23
How To Celebrate Pi Day Like A Champ

Amidst the mugs of green beer and sparkly shamrocks, we often forget this super cool “holiday” that falls within the same week as St. Patty’s Day. March 14 is not only a celebration of some irrational number; it is also Albert Einstein’s (and my own) birthday, which is an obvious coincidence. Also, shout out to my middle school math teacher who first enlightened me about the celebration of Pi Day.

Eating extra dessert is totally acceptable.

Pie is seriously the best dessert because you can put anything into a pie and it will still taste good. The possibilities are endless! Apple, peach, pudding, ice cream, blueberry -- the list goes on and on! Anything you want, make it happen.

Pizza also counts.

The fun doesn’t just stop at dessert! Think about all the amazing variations of a pizza pie you can enjoy!

Unleash your inner math nerd.

It’s that one special day a year when it’s completely socially acceptable to recite all those numbers you memorized way back in eighth grade and are oddly still stored in your long-term memory. At that point in your life, you would’ve gone to any length to win that golden homework pass. (Not to mention, the incredible bragging rights).

Don't try to do actual math.

Unless you’re a math major, or math teacher who actually knows what’s going on, it is so not worth it. Trying to refresh your brain with some long forgotten algebra equations will only frustrate you and ruin this glorious day -- just stick with the real “pie.”

Visit the Pi Day capital.

To my fellow New Jerseyans, get your Pi Day groove on in Princeton, NJ. Since Albert Einstein lived in Princeton for over 20 years, and his birthday is on 3/14, this Ivy League town takes it quite seriously. Enjoy an Einstein look-a-like contest, digit recitation contest, and a tour of the Princeton University campus. All that fun for only $3.14 (of course)!

Have a great March 14!