How to channel your inner Lee Radziwill

A 6-Step Guide On How To Channel Your Inner Lee Radziwill

A how-to guide to becoming a 5th-Avenue Swan.

112

Caroline Lee Radziwill is a socialite, former princess, interior decorator, and public relation executive. Having inherited the exquisite Bouvier eye for style, Radziwill worked as Diana Vreeland's assistant at Harper's Bazaar and became one of Truman Capote's beloved swans. The style icon has a luxurious chic wardrobe that includes shift dresses, fur coats, caftans, and fitted suits.

Here is a brief how-to guide that will teach you how to channel your inner Radziwill.

1. Dress up, often. 

c1.staticflickr.com

Lee Radziwill is revered for her timeless style and chic wardrobe. Curate a wardrobe filled with elegant pieces like fur coats, trench coats, and A-line dresses. Be sure to dress well for any occasion, whether it be attending a dinner party or buying groceries at the supermarket.

2. Decorate.

c1.staticflickr.com

Lee Radziwill's interior decorating projects were constantly photographed for magazine spreads and editorials. Spruce up your place with foliage, luxurious furnishings, and sophisticated tablecloth.

3. Be Curious.

www.hungertv.com

Lee Radziwill briefly pursued a career in photojournalism and documentary filmmaking. Her projects include following The Rolling Stones on tour and interviewing her relatives, "Big" and "Little" Edie Beale. Align with Radziwill's curiosity by also pursuing creative assignments in your spare time.

4. Socialize.

theyearofhalloween.files.wordpress.com

Lee Radziwill was also a wonderful host and involved with party-planning. She was an attendant to Truman Capote's famous Black and White Ball and several other social events. Plan a party or two with all of your nearest and dearest. Become a party-person with an excellent social calendar.

5. Release your internal actress.

i.pinimg.com

Lee Radziwill once pursued an acting career as a result of encouragement from Truman Capote. She made her debut in the production of "The Philadelphia Story" at the Ivanhoe Theatre in Chicago in 1967. Even though she received less-than-kind reviews, her short-lived acting career was highly publicized and a major social event.

6. Travel.

static01.nyt.com

Lee Radziwill is also an active participant in the international jet-set. Flying to exotic locations and being photographed in beautiful settings were included in Radziwill's busy lifestyle. Ignite your wanderlust by also traveling around the world, if your budget would permit the extravagance.