How Physics Helped My Relationship
relationships

How An Introductory Physics Class Helped My Relationship

How I was able to connect with my intellectual boyfriend on his level & improve the quality of my relationship!

106
https://unsplash.com/photos/TVSRWmnW8Us

When I decided to go back to school, I realized I needed another science credit. Luckily, my boyfriend loves STEM courses and offered to help me study throughout the course. I decided to take an introduction to conceptual physics class. It was hard, to say the least.

One thing that I had a really hard time wrapping my head around was the idea that conceptual physics relied on the idea of all experiments and situations taking place in a "vacuum" where the typical outside elements could not affect the outcome. It is probably a lot more complicated than that, but that it what I got from it.

At a point in our relationship, shortly after the semester was over, we seemed to be arguing more than normal and just having more disagreements. Sometimes, it seemed like I could not get my point across well in a regular conversation. So, after taking some time to reflect and figure out what we wanted, I came back to him with this:

If We Were In A Vacuum

"If we were in a vacuum, then all the conditions would be right.

I'd always know what was going on in your head.

We would never fight.

If we were in a vacuum, then I'd never be insecure.

I'd never worry about you leaving.

I'd never miss you anymore.

If we were in a vacuum, then everything would be perfect.

We'd get along all the time.

All the chances taken would be completely worth it.

Although we aren't actually in a vacuum, and life with you isn't completely perfect, I'm pretty happy with how it's going. I don't want perfect, I don't want predictable, I don't want typical, and I don't want to be in a vacuum. I want you the way you are - imperfections and all. I might complain about them sometimes, but they make you who you are.

I know that I am far from perfect and you deserve, and could probably find, so much better. I know that I am a lot to handle, to say the very least. I know that I probably make it really hard to want to stay around me. However, you choose to stay, and for what reasons, sometimes I am unsure, but the fact that you accept me and all my flaws, well, I love that about you even more.

So, no matter where we are - in a vacuum or just hanging out at my place - I do truly enjoy every minute of my life that I get to spend with you.

-Ash"

This simple poem and letter that I had written to him made him smile, laugh, and understand that I loved how we were, even during the hard times. I wanted to show my boyfriend that I was willing to take what he had helped me learn in a really difficult physics class and put it to good use - relationship explanations!

So next time things seem hard, find a way to connect with the person you love in a way that would be easier for them to understand because relationships are about working together to create a positive environment to love and support each another.

"She was simple, like quantum physics." - R.M. Broderickhttp://pictasetex.pw/She-was-simple-like-quantum-physics-Inspiration-t.html

#thanksphysics