How To Make Time For Exercise In College

You may not realize it, but there are 168 hours in a week, which is plenty of time to fit an hour of exercise into your daily schedule.

24

There are 168 hours in a week. If you managed to get 8 hours of sleep a night, that would still leave 112 hours for your week. Add on 15 hours of work and 15 credit hours and you would still have over 80 hours to balance your studying, homework, food intake, and other errands. So how hard is it to find the time to exercise an hour a day? For some, it may just be motivation, but for others it seems to be a struggle of time management. Here are a few ways to make exercising easier in a college lifestyle:

1. Need time to study? Listen to lectures while exercising.

If you're simply taking a jog, running on the treadmill, or timing your planks, listening to a lecture should be quite easy. You could turn your speakers on, or put in some headphones. This will help you combine your time and when you take a water break you can quiz yourself on what the lecturer was saying.

2. Don't have enough time between the gym and class? Workout in your room.

There are plenty of exercises you can do with your own body weight in your own room. You could also purchase some light weights, medicine balls, or a yoga mat that won't worry your RA and will keep you moving.

3. Join a sport that makes exercising more fun, while also making friends.

Sports can be stressful, but they also can help with stress relief. They get you moving and help you meet so many people. They help you get out of the dorm or the house and push you to be better. The constant motivation will help you gain friends, and even potential study buddies.

4. Take your study buddy to the gym.

While working out, quiz each other while you are jogging the track, running on the treadmill, grabbing some water, or even lifting weights. This will help get both you and your friend in shape while also exercising your mind on what you need to know for class.

5. If all else fails, find ways to move more everyday.

Jog to class, take the stairs, walk whenever you can. Moving is important and helps keep your mind fresh too. Waking up an hour early on the weekday to go for a jog, or hitting the pool on the weekend will help fit exercise into your weekly schedule without stealing time from other priorities you may have.