How I Feel About Going Into My Second Year of College

So many thoughts fill my mind as I look back to a year ago, and to how I feel now.
11

A year ago, I was finishing packing for my freshman year of college. Thinking about my new classes, whether or not my roommate and I would get along, and whether or not I'd get lost on the first day. So much excitement and anticipation went through my body, as I started this new journey in my life. Irrational fears filled my mind; what if I did my laundry wrong? What if I go into the wrong classroom and make a fool out of myself. All these things went through my mind when moving in.

Flash forward one year, and I'm a week away from going back to school. It's not the same anxiety I faced last year, it's more of a relieving feeling of going back to a place that I consider my second home. The feeling of being on my own again is thrilling, not having to abide by my mother's rules, but instead, abide by my own. My friends, who are hundred of miles away are going to be right next door again. Living with my best friend, and pursuing my education.

These weren't the thoughts that went through my head a year ago. They are now, and they hold a feeling a relief knowing what I'm getting myself into for the next eight months. My second year of college; the thought still blows my mind. Just yesterday, I was getting ready for my freshman year of high school, and yet here I am writing about how I feel going into my second year of college.

I feel going into my second year, that I have found myself a home. A place where I feel safe and that I can be myself. A place that accepts me, and does not judge me on my mistakes. A place where if I fail, will help me pick up the pieces just to start over again. Going into my second year of college makes me feel amazing, and I cannot wait to see where this years adventures take me.