How Early Is Too Early For Holiday Decorations?

Halloween is just days away but that's not stopping retailers from getting a head start on the holiday. While some retailers begin to put them out at the start of October, others begin even earlier. How early is too early though? Here are the reasons why waiting is better.

1. There's still Halloween

Halloween is every year at the end of October. The holidays usually don't start until December. It's better to prepare for one holiday before preparing for others.

2. There's still Thanksgiving

Although the holiday has changed throughout the years and many use this day to get a head start with their holiday shopping, Thanksgiving is still a national holiday celebrated in dozens of American households.

3. It's still warm and light out

For a large part of the nation, October is still considered a warm month with sunny evenings. Some states might not be as warm as others however, there is still more sunlight out than during the holiday season.

4. Halloween decorations are still seen everywhere

Candy, costumes, and more. Despite retailers suffering and the internet being responsible for changing the way, we shop, Halloween decor still dominates the store shelves every year just like holiday decor does.

5. Horror films and other Halloween themed movies are still being shown

No matter how we receive our content, people will always be looking for a good horror film or television series. Whether it's theaters, regular television, or streaming services, Halloween themed content will likely continue to be shown during the month of October.