How Do You Air Fry Zucchini?

How Do You Air Fry Zucchini?

Air frying zucchini is a time-saving, healthy option for a delicious side dish. This method of cooking is supposed to be healthier than your typical deep fry but still have a crispy coating on the outside.

18
Zucchini
thecookful.com

There are many fruits and vegetables we should include in our diets. We need to be very careful nowadays on what we eat as it can impact our health negatively. It is also advisable to check on the method of cooking some of the foods to benefit from the food as well as avoid some complications that may arise from food that is not cooked well. Deep fried foods are associated with a high level of fats and in some cases are associated with harmful compounds such as acrylamide. Air frying food has become the way to go when it comes to preparation of foods ranging from cakes to vegetables. Zucchini is one of the fruits considered a vegetable. The vegetable is rich in nutrients, and if cooked well it can benefit you a great deal.How do you air fry zucchini? Let’s find out.

Nutritional benefits of zucchini

As we have mentioned zucchini is a delicious vegetable that is rich in nutrients. It is therefore advisable to learn some of its nutritional benefits before we focus on how to air fry it. Zucchini is rich in minerals such as potassium which help in controlling blood pressure and improving heart health. Also, the vegetable is rich in fiber hence improves digestion. Zucchini is also rich in antioxidants thus plays a great role in preventing aging and improves vision. It also lowers level of blood sugars and boosts energy levels.

Deep frying or air frying?

It is advisable to note that deep frying and air frying are very different. In deep frying, food is dipped in hot oil. The oil cooks the food. On the other hand, air frying involves preparing food using hot air. Air fryers are used for air frying, and it has become the way to cook different foods ranging from cakes to vegetables. Air fried foods are healthier compared to deep-fried foods. Deep fried foods have high levels of oil which is not good for your health. Air frying has many advantages compared to deep frying, and you need to get an air fryer to enjoy all the benefits.

How do you air fry zucchini? Here is the procedure

You need to clean your zucchinis. From there you need to preheat your air fryer for some minutes to 200 degrees C. At this time cut the zucchinis into slices either round or in to stick shaped pieces. It is advisable to go for slices to have an easy time in the cooking process. Have flour, eggs and panko mixture in separate bowls. Dip the slices in flour, then into eggs and lastly in the panko mixture. After that arrange the slices on the air fryer basket and make sure not to overlap them. Cook for 7-10 minutes and make sure to flip the slices now and then. Do this for the other slices.

Frying zucchini in an air fryer is a great way to reduce fat intake, cut calories, and turn zucchini into a crispy snack. Air frying zucchini saves time on clean up because there is no oil to heat up and drip, and the process takes less than 30 minutes. Air frying zucchini can be a good option for those with dietary restrictions, as it is gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and paleo.

People have been getting creative with cooking up zucchini because they're a good source of vitamin C, potassium, and dietary fiber. Some zucchini fans have even tried to air fry them instead of deep frying them, which requires a lot less oil to be used. There are those who use a metal grate, those who use a wire basket, and those who cover it with a sheet of foil.

Conclusion

It is evident that zucchini is very delicious and nutritious if cooked well. Air frying is the best option when it comes to preparation of zucchini fries. Cook well for 10 minutes and the fries will be crispy and delicious. You will like them.