How can owning a fish tank be therapeutic?

You'd be surprised but there's so much more to fish than meets the eye

231
https://huber-japan.com/lp/post/sexiest-aquarium-art-aquarium-tokyo-kanazawa/2016/

Pets are wonderful companions to have in a house hold, some pets even benefit to make our lives easier. Dogs and cats have been registered as many types as service animal to help people. Birds have be recognized to encourage people in social interactions. Rodents tend to form intense bonds which be a wonderful candidate for an emotional support animal, And fish can be classified to have therapeutic benefits! I know what you thinking, "How can you receive benefits from owning fishes?" Allow me to show you with a few examples.

🐟Physical Health Benefits🐟

There's no secret that a fish tank can help an individual unwind and feel at ease with relaxation, But relaxation is just the begin! Decades after decades evidence is keep appearing to show people there is so much more to these wonderful creatures.

In 2009 a Purdue study (at Purdue University) showed that Alzheimer’s patients exposed to aquariums ate more food, required fewer nutritional supplements and displayed less aggressive behaviors than patients exposed to two-dimensional paintings of seascapes or patients in a control group,

And there's a study that has shown that gazing at aquarium fish and owning pet fish (or fishes) reduces subsequently, lowers blood pressure, reduces muscle tension and pulse rate in elderly people and improved overall emotional and physical health.

🐠Mental Health Benefits🐠

There's something magically calming about fishes swimming in a safe haven garden, Many business of operations can vouch the effect of this spell.

It has been proven fish tanks in classrooms are known to reduce anxiety levels in students, and they’re great models for learning the basics of marine biology along with some basic chemistry.

Tanks in hospital waiting rooms, doctor’s offices and dentist’s offices also provide a calming effect, while patients aid of recovery.

Parents with autistic children or those with ADS have claimed their child has experienced the calming effect that owning an aquarium has a positive outcome from recovering melt downs and other attacks, In fact The Mystic Aquarium in Mystic, Connecticut has a program designed to help children with learning and developmental challenges enhance their social skills. The program uses "touch and learn" sessions with aquatic invertebrates to facilitate relaxation and development of social skills.

🐟Other Benefits🐟

There are other positive benefits owning a fish tank besides physical and mental health.

Feng shui is a Chinese philosophical system of harmonizing everyone with the surrounding environment. It is closely linked to Taoism. The term feng shui literally translates as "wind-water" in English. It is believed moving water is considered beneficial in balancing chi, and a beautifully well maintained aquarium can be potent in the right location increases the energy wealth, luck and abundance. This guide can help you achieve the 5 feng shui elements:

1. Feng shui Water element (the water in aquarium)

2. Feng shui Wood element (the plants in aquarium)

3. Feng shui Metal element (in the aquarium structure)

4. Feng shui Earth element (the small rocks and gravel at the bottom of aquarium)

5. Feng shui Fire element (the bright colors of the fish, as well as the aquarium lighting)

The best area to place your feng shui aquarium is in the Southeast bagua area (the feng shui Wealth and Abundance area) followed by North area (Career) or East (Health and Family.)

Fish tanks can also be a great tool for teaching kids the responsibilities of caring for a pet, when properly taken care of with a decent sized tank they can live a long and happy life. Owning an aquarium can produce motivation of daily productivity and even encourage positive effects on you! Just think about it, wouldn't you want to get out of bed and start your day just because you'd want to take care of your beautiful colored and wiggly fishy friends? I know I would because I'm the type of person who loves all types of pets!