Since I've gotten my own place, I've been obsessed with houseplants. I talk to them and spend at least 10 minutes a day just hanging out with them. They are not only good friends — they are GREAT friends! They are pretty much better than all human friends, actually.
1. You can talk to them and they won't talk back
2. You can never have too many of them
3. Having lunch with them is cheap. They just drink water.
4. They grow, but won't grow away from you
5. They're always down to hang out
6. They don't judge you
7. If you tell them they're getting too big, they don't care. They just want a new pot.
8. They can make the air you breathe cleaner, unlike friends, especially the ones that smoke
9. They're always in your house, but you're not annoyed by it
10. They're easily replaceable. If something happens, just get another one!
If you don't have a houseplant, now may be the time to get one.