Hot Yoga Kicked My Ass The First Time I Tried It And Now I Love It

Yoga is much harder than it appears.

123
Public Domain Pictures

Typically people think of yoga as a relaxing, stress relieving exercise that isn't all that hard — but let me tell you, it is both hard and relaxing. That might sound weird, but it is absolutely true. It is the same feeling after a really good workout, and you just feel good because you know you did something that helped out your body.

That is what yoga gives you.

After an hour of a hot yoga session, you'll be dripping with sweat and your body will be exhausted, but your soul will feel amazing.

It feels great coming out of the class and walking outside and taking in the fresh air. As the instructor says, find your flow during the session. That mantra definitely holds weight to it because everyone I have gone with always leaves saying they feel like they've found their flow.

Not only is yoga relaxing, but it is a lot harder than you think.

I went into my first yoga session thinking that it wouldn't be too hard, but it wound up kicking my ass. After that first session, it had me hooked because of how good of a workout it was — it caught me by surprise.

After that first week, my friend Michael and I got our other friends to come too, and time and time again they got hooked on it. We ended up becoming a group of four guys who all have their own mats and now go all the time. And let's just say we are all finding our flow.

I would highly recommend taking a hot yoga class. It is really for everyone. There are a wide variety of classes that are offered and they range in difficulty from more relaxing to an intense workout.

Going to class really improves your flexibility, as well as your core, leg and shoulder strength. Also, it is a great form of cardio if you take one of the classes geared more towards a workout.

No matter who you are or what you do, I would be willing to bet that there is a hot yoga class out there that will help you find your flow.