Hot In Stillwater

Hot In Stillwater

6
Hot In Stillwater

Tomorrow is the day. Hopefully by now you have something planned for your significant other, so feel free to use this as a checklist to see if your gift falls into the correct category. These are just guidelines, so if what you are doing for the big day is a little different than what’s suggested, no worries! But this will give you a chance to see if what you are giving is on the right track.  

A couple of dates- So you guys have been on a couple dates and you talk often, but you have not DTR-ed? This can be a hard position to be in. You don’t want to overdo it, because that could send clingy vibes. Flowers are acceptable, but maybe not a dozen roses. Daisies say “I like you," but roses say “I love you." Be careful there. Chocolates are a safe bet, as is a nice dinner. Avoid giving actual gifts, such as jewelry or stuffed animals. Basically, acknowledge the day, but don’t go above and beyond--because depending on the girl, that might not work in your favor.

Newly dating- You are past the stage of “talking” and you all have recently made it official. You’re in luck! This is the easiest category to fall under for this particular holiday. You don’t have to worry about small “moves” freaking her out, but you also don’t have the pressure of getting her an extravagant gift. Flowers, a nice dinner, and a small gift ranging anywhere from a teddy bear or tickets to a sporting event or concert that you two could enjoy together are the perfect way to go.

Seriously dating- So you have been dating for what seems like an eternity?  Boys, you better be ready to step it up a notch. Maybe try venturing out of Payne County for this one. This is a special date, more so than a regular “date night." Go to a nicer restaurant than you normally would. Flowers and chocolates are a given, but the list doesn’t end there. A nice pair of Kendra Scott earrings or something similar would be great.

Single- Don’t be sad about being single on this day, or any day for that matter. Being single does not mean being lonely. It means focusing your time on other things and getting to know yourself. There are so many great things about living the solo life. Do not feel the need to defend the fact that you are single to anyone. Although society may tell you differently, being single is really a fabulous thing. Focus on all the positive things about your single life. Here are a few in case you may have forgotten:

• You are not tied down
  • You can accomplish other goals
  • New crushes: you can’t look forward to a first kiss if you are already in a relationship, right?
  • You are saving a lot of money
  • You can be selfish
  • You can talk to whoever you want, when you want to
  • You are able to fully enjoy your time you have with friends
  • You can flirt guilt free
  • You can do what YOU and only YOU want to do
  •  You don’t have to please anyone but yourself

…The list is endless, really!

“Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now it means that you’re pretty sexy and you are taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with.” – Sex and the City (PLEASE PUT THIS IN CUTE GIRLY FONT. LIKE SCRIPT OR SOMETHING. THANK YOU!!)