thoughts while hosting

10 Thoughts That Cross Your Hostesses Mind On A Busy Night At The Restaurant

I've hosted for almost eight months now and a couple thoughts or questions always run through my mind when hosting.

91

Many things go through my mind while hosting. If you are a host hopefully you'll relate. Or if you are every curious what a host is thinking one of these might probably be their thoughts.

1. Is it going to be dead?

2. Is it going to be busy?

3. Oh no it got busy, will the server be mad that I double sat her?

4. One server hasn't been sat in awhile, leads customer to her section for the customer to say "I can have that table instead", which is not in that servers section.

5. Why is this guy arguing with me when I told him that there's a reservation at that table?

6. One table has been there over two hours and there's a reservation soon is a table going to get up or will this be an awkward conversation with the people who have reservations?

7. There's now a wait list, when will a table get up?

8. Table of 15 people walks in that doesn't have a reservation. That's ok, let me scramble around to see if I can fit that many tables together.

9. Customer asks for booth and there's only tables available.

10. No one has been seated in over 30 minutes, am I going to be cut to leave soon?