Talented Artists That Deserve More Recognition

But I know they'll get it someday!

75
pexels

As you all know probably know by now, music is my life. I can't go a day without listening to music and if I did, then it wasn't a good day! My music taste is pretty much all over the place. I listen to just about everything. I definitely love listening to everyone's favorite artists but I also enjoy discovering new music. I tend to discover new music surprisingly through the television shows I watch, concerts, and by music streaming services. I feel like Spotify does the best job with it as you have a "Discover Weekly" playlist especially made for you to entail song suggestions based on what you usually listen to. There's also the daily mixes personally made for you that likely have songs you're already familiar with but could have songs that you're hearing for the first time. Before I knew about Spotify, I discovered new music from my Pandora Radio stations as well.

With all that being said, a combination of these methods along with recommendations from my friends allowed me to discover these artists I am about to mention. I consider these artists to be underrated because they should have much more listeners than they have because they are so talented! I know that one day they'll have their proper recognition though! Well, here we go. The order in which they are presented doesn't have any significance. I think they are all awesome!

Ella Mai

I actually discovered Ella Mai when I saw Kehlani in concert. She was one of Kehlani's opening acts. I loved Ella's stage presence and instantly fell in love with all the songs she performed (and her) that night haha. Of course she was then added to all of my playlists! I'm actually still mad to this day that I had the chance to take a picture with her but couldn't because my phone was dead and my friend's phone was nearly dead too! I bet if I didn't see her in concert first and just listened to her without watching her interviews I would have thought she was American by the way she sings! Her British accent is the actually cutest and she's beautiful!10,000 hours is just one of many of Ella Mai's amazing songs. Check her out! I know I have mentioned her in one of my other articles as well.

Sabrina Claudio

First of all, just watch this video and listen to the song. Just wow. I discovered Sabrina Claudio through Spotify actually. I had made a playlist and one of her songs popped up in the playlist radio, which is when your playlist ends and it just plays similar songs. I was like wait who is this?! She's awesome, I need more! I believe the first song I heard from her was Unravel Me which is another great song I recommend!

Ro James

If you liked this song then you have to listen to every song on his album Eldorado! I think Ro James has an amazing voice and his music just feels... so real. We need more music like this nowadays. Sometimes we don't really realize we are listening to well because it has a great beat but we aren't really focusing in on the real meaning of the song. Ro James deserves so much more recognition than he has right now!

dsvn

Just a quick disclaimer: I thought dsvn was just one guy but they are actually duo signed to OVO Sound! Morning After is their most recent album and I absolutely love it. This song in particular, Morning After, is a song I feel you can cry, dance, and even just vibe to which is crazy haha. It's just that good guys! Just like my previous artists I've mentioned, I know they'll blow up one day and I'll be sad but happy for them. I'll be sad because they are not my little secret anymore but then I'll be happy because they are gaining the popularity they deserve. This usually happens to all the OVO Sound artists I listen to such as The Weeknd for example.

In addition to that, artists who I felt were underrated are out here making it big and I'm so proud! Here are some examples:

Kehlani

I know you've heard this on the radio before! Go Kehlani! :) It's so exciting to see her traveling all over the world performing, meeting fans along with getting some pretty cool award nominations!

SZA

I remember first hearing SZA when I listened to Consideration by her and Rihanna. I was wondering where I could listen to more of her and here we are a year later and SZA released Ctrl! Broken Clocks is one of my favorites. It will honestly never get old to me. SZA is finally getting the recognition she deserves as well by performing on award shows and getting great nominations too!

H.E.R.

I literally just wrote about H.E.R. a few weeks ago and considered her to be underrated but I feel she's starting make it big! I saw her in concert at the beginning of this month and the show ended up being sold out. It was an amazing concert. I loved every second of it *tears*. That's crazy to even think about it. She's currently on tour and is doing great even with a mystery identity. Quite impressive if you ask me!