20 Places That Will Make You Super Sentimental While Visiting Your Hometown

Truthfully, it isn't the actual places that make you feel utterly nostalgic, but the people in which you shared these places with.

221
https://unsplash.com/photos/m5oFzzrcKwc

For some people, going back to their hometown may be a daunting thought. But for others, going home means going back to a place they cherish with all their heart. No matter where you go in life, your hometown will hold countless amounts of memories and experiences that will always make it feel like home. Dozens of the places you casually drive by have special meanings or memories associated with them.

Truthfully, it isn't the actual places that make you feel utterly nostalgic, but the people in which you shared these places with. No matter how much you try to deny it, your hometown plays a huge role in shaping who you become. Coming home will always bring back these fond memories and these 20 places will definitely have you feeling super sentimental:

1. Your High School 

Because high school was so much more than four years of classes. From Friday night football games to Senior Prom and everything in between, high school gave you hundreds of memories, great friends and many lessons learned.

2. Your Best Friend's House

Because it was your second home growing up. Hundreds of sleepovers, birthday parties and family dinners made this home just as special as your own.

3. The Neighborhood You Always Partied In 

Because everyone had that ONE friend that was always down to throw a house party in high school.

4. The Place You Had Your First Job 

Because your first job taught you a lot more than how to sell clothes or scoop ice cream.

5. The Local Movie Theater 

Because loitering outside the theater for hours every Friday night was the "cool" thing to do in middle school. And maybe you happened to kiss a cute boy there too.

6. Your Specific Beach Spot 

Because many summer days and winter nights were spent at THE spot.

7. Where You Had Your First Date 

Because no one will ever forget that spot and you'll probably never remember why you even liked him.

8. The Sports Field You Played At Growing Up

Because that sport was your first love and taught you a million lessons.

9. Your Middle School 

Because middle school was a weird and awkward time, but it gave you your first "boyfriend" and friends for life.

10. Your Church/Temple/Synagogue 

Because it gave you faith in something bigger than yourself.

11. The Rival High School 

Because even though you had friends that went there, you hated them more than anything - especially on the field / court.

12. The Local Liquor Store 

Because there was only one in the whole town that accepted your fake ID.

13. Your Old Gym 

Because it taught you discipline (and that running on the treadmill won't make up for the fast food you ate all weekend).

14. Your Favorite Restaurant 

Because you spent every birthday, special occasion or Saturday night there. And, its the first place you go when you get back in town.

15. The Boat Dock 

Because days and nights spent on the boat made for the best stories.

16. Your Grandma’s House 

Because Grandma's love is unlike any other.

17. The Bar That Let Everyone Under-Age In 

Because that was the only place to go "out" and you may or may not have run into your high school teachers there.

18. Your Senior Prom Venue 

Because as cliché as it sounds, your senior prom will always be one of the best nights of your life.

19. The Amphitheater/Concert Venue  

Because from hip-hop shows to country concerts, the tailgates that took place at this venue were some of the craziest memories in high school.

20. The Local Mall 

Because let's be real - you spent countless hours in middle school walking in circles with your friends during and took pictures at the apple store computers.