Home Sweet Home...Oh How I Missed You

Home Sweet Home...Oh How I Missed You

Coming home for the first time since August has made me realize how much I miss home.

61

Home cooked meals

media.giphy.com

Never underestimate the power of a home cooked meal, especially when your mama comes from the south. The freshman fifteen hasn't hit me quite yet, but I'm sure I gained it all while I was home this week for Thanksgiving.

Being teased by my brothers

media.giphy.com

Being the youngest sibling with two older brothers can be pretty hard sometimes. I never thought I'd say this, but I miss the constant teasing and goofing around I experience with them. I missed sitting on the couch together watching a good animated movie, and teasing my parents together.

Watching Gossip Girl with my mom

media.giphy.com

Last summer I introduced my mom to Gossip Girl, but we didn't have the chance to finish before I left for college. This week when I came back, my mom and I watched two or three episodes a night to catch up on all the time we missed out on. I never realized how much I loved our binge-watching nights together.

Late night ice cream runs

media.giphy.com

Here in Louisville we have Graeters ice cream, and it is by far the best ice cream I've ever had in my whole life. I missed going on late night ice cream runs with my friends to catch up or just binge-eat.

Drives

media.giphy.com

My go-to thing to do with my friends when we have no idea what to do is go on a drive. We pick a great playlist and drive for hours down River Road, into Prospect and past Goshen. We conquer the world with our talks, sip on some slushies and have multiple sing-alongs before we come back to society.

Showering without shoes

media.giphy.com

There's honestly no better feeling in the world than this.

Revisiting my high school

media.giphy.com

Walking through the halls, acting like you own the building, saying hi to the underclassman is a great feeling. I love seeing my old teachers, visiting with friends, and seeing all the changes that have happened in the three months I've been gone.

Air conditioning

media.giphy.com

Because winter has begun UMD has turned off our air conditioning, so coming home to a place where I can control what temperature I like my room has been very nice. I can turn my fan on and off whenever I want to and that's an amazing feeling.

Reuniting with friends

media.giphy.com

Every time I saw one of my high school friends I'd run to them, screaming like an eight year old, and koala them until they stopped screaming too. I love my college friends, but it's so hard to replace the friendship you've had for twelve years.

Turkey Trots 

Yes, I'm apart of that family who runs a 5k, sometimes 10k, on Thanksgiving morning. Don't hate us because ya ain't us.

Happy late Thanksgiving everyone!