Going Home For Spring Break Is The Move

Going Home For Spring Break Is The Move

In college, going home is always the best. However, some students opt to travel somewhere fun and tropical. When you are a freshman though, going back home is always the best option.

69

I am from California and so getting away from snowy Syracuse is my top priority right now. Knowing that the sun and beautiful weather is waiting for me, is worth the long flight to the west coast. Although, it's a short time, the trip back home is much more worth it then sticking around somewhere you don't want to be.

Plus, you have three more years to go to fun places for spring break. Take freshman year to have a breather, see your family, and your dog. Trust me, it will be worth it. Personally, I have been counting down the days until the break and getting out of the 14-degree weather and snowflakes that pelt into my face every morning.

When I went home for winter break, the craziest thing was leaving the house without my huge coat and just wearing normal clothes, it was shocking to me. Even if you are not from a great place like California, going back to your house is just the best. You can sleep in your own bed, shower without shoes and spend some quality time not worrying about school and strep throat.

Cherish the time you have with your family because it is limited. Try not to spend every night with your friends, but maybe lay low and have a quiet home cooked meal, with actual food. There is plenty of time to get drunk with a friend when you get back to school, but when is the next time you will have a full kitchen at your disposal? My advice is to savor those days and do all the things that college does not allow.