Home For The Holidays As Told By 'Grey's Anatomy'

The cast of 'Grey’s Anatomy' illustrates what it’s like going home for the holidays.

3

Going home for the holidays is great because you’re reunited with friends, family, pets, and (most importantly) your comfy bed. However, it can also be quite dreadful when your family pounds you with questions concerning your college life. The "Grey's Anatomy" cast understands your holiday pains and excitements.

You come home to be greeted by your parents, pets, and your oh-so-comfy bed. After hours of late studying and taking finals, the mattress feels like it was made specifically for you. You're probably going to look like this almost all of break.

You’re reunited with your hometown friends, and it’s like you're back in the good old days.

However, you’re still bound to run into those people from your past that you’d rather forget like your exes or high school enemies.

Or maybe you see that old crush from high school and feelings start coming back. Ugh.

You see family and get swarmed with hugs from everyone, including the family members you aren't extremely fond of or haven't seen in awhile, so it's just a little awkward.

You get bombarded by questions from your family about your love life, school life…and just life in general.

They may go something like, “Any new boyfriend/girlfriend we should know about?” and if you’re painfully single, your face will look something like:

Then, there’s the “What are you planning on doing with your major?” question that is bound to be asked by a few relatives this holiday season as well.

You have to put up with those weird family members that everyone secretly wishes wouldn’t come to family gatherings. You just sit there and wonder how you can possibly be related to them in the first place.

Maybe you have that one relative who just doesn’t shut up about how perfect their life is or how perfect their son/daughter is.

You feel forced to laugh at all the corny jokes said at the dinner table this holiday season.

Of course, your family is going to “need your help” and stick you with some task that you probably hate.

But hey, at least you can finally stuff your face with delicious, home-cooked meals.

And you don’t have to do homework and you get some time off from responsibilities during the holidays.

Even though family can get annoying, you know they do it out of love and that’s all that really matters. They are always going to be your people, so thumbs up to that.