Home from college...It's Weird

Home from college...It's Weird

From being able to do whatever, to not knowing what to do.

105
Home from college...It's Weird
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/05/09/636615024102064672-1450417915_IMG_0271.JPG

Coming home from college is weird. You have just spent 7 to 8 months up at college, with your college friends, and the freedom to do pretty much whatever you want. Now you are home for 3 to 4 months and you don't really know what to do with yourself.

This is an interesting time, especially the first few weeks that you're home. Colleges have different schedules so you may be home, but your high school friends are still at school. You have no one to hang out with for the first couples days that you are home.

You go from hanging out with your best friends 24/7 to being hundreds of miles away from them, relying on texts, phone calls, and Facetimes. When you have a mental breakdown or need someone to talk to, you can't just walk next door or across campus to talk to them. You have to hope that they are available for a call. And I don't know about you, but my best friend and I find ourselves telling each other to come to each others houses every time we are bored or have something we wanna do, the only problem...we live 4 hours away from each other.

And probably the worst part, you have to tell you parents where you're going. Even if you don't have to ask permission, they usually still wanna know where you are. And you might feel judged by them. I just wanna lay in bed all day because when was the last time I got to do that, but if I do, I get called lazy. At college we would make midnight Sheetz runs, and now if I make popcorn at 9 at night I get "Why are you eating so late." Sure I love my parents, but I hate feeling like I can't be myself when I'm home.

But while you are home, try to make the most of it. Spend time with your family. Catch up with friends you haven't seen all year. Enjoy your hometown. Eat at your favorite home restaurants that you don't have at school. Go on adventures. Find something to do while you are home, I'm sure even if you live somewhere boring, you can find something, even if it's just going for a drive with the windows down and the music blaring.