5 Perfect Home-Cooked Meals That All College Students Miss

The lingering smell of the kitchen.

1134
@thathungrycollegegirl

The dining hall is great when it is 2 a.m. and you really want some fries, but other than that it's a dreaded trip you're forced to make three times a day. Here are some of the most missed home-cooked meals from the typical college student.

1. Homemade lasagna

The taste of a perfectly crisp layer of cheese over tomato sauce and noodles.

2. Tacos

Everyone misses a good taco topping buffet.

3. Grilled vegetables

If you experience the rare occasion of having grilled vegetables at college it is not the same. There is nothing better than grilled vegetables on your home barbeque.

4. Steak

The only meat most people will even go near in the dining hall is chicken (if even). Coming home to a grilled steak after months at college is an amazing feeling - your taste buds will want to explode!

5. Fresh muffins

You never appreciate fresh muffins until you don't have them. The taste and sensation of biting into a warm muffin is one quite indescribable.