Feelings Of Going Home for the Holidays, Told by The Office
Education

Feelings About Going Home For Winter Break That All College Students Can Relate To

"Christmas is cancelled!" - Michael Scott

140

With Thanksgiving break behind us and the holiday season quickly approaching (yay for time off school!) comes mixed emotions about seeing your family over the holidays.

It's exciting!!!

There are SO many things to be excited about! Getting to sleep in your own bed, see your family, have some time off class... the possibilities are endless.

It's boring...

The one thing about going home now that you've gotten used to dorm life is that it can be so. stinkin. boring. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with my family when I'm home! But when they're all asleep by 10 pm and my night is just getting started, I'm kind of wanting to go back to school just for the entertainment factor.

Also, instead of having a hundred friends on your hall that are down to go do something when you get bored or need a study break, you just have very stressed out parents (because what parents aren't stressed during the holidays, duh?) and some siblings that you swore were more fun to hang out with before you moved out.

It's.... weird? (You mean I finally get to sit at the adult table?!)

Apparently, once you come back from college, your family will no longer tell you to go play with your cousins or cover your ears when they start talking about family drama or anything remotely inappropriate. You'll get all the tea. And you'll learn some things you never really wanted to know in the first place.

It's annoying

Another thing you'll experience when you see extended family: interrogation. Suddenly every family member is interested in how your studies, your social life, your dorm life, and every other aspect of your college life are going. You'll answer the same questions a million times, one of which is dreaded...

And it's filled with relationship questions! (Ugh!)

Relationship questions!! Apparently this is your grandma's new favorite question because you're now getting older and need to start thinking about marriage, apparently?

And your uncle's favorite question.

And your third cousin twice removed's.

And your great aunt's.

Just stop with these questions, people. We don't even know what we want to get a degree in, let alone who we want to spend the rest of our lives with.

And finally, it makes you want to become a quitter.

Family time is great, but it is only great in small dosages. By the end of the holiday, you'll be dying to get back to school far, far away from your loved ones.

Who you do still love! Just from afar.