The Holiday Season In NYC

The Holiday Season In NYC

It truly is magical.

54
The Holiday Season In NYC

New York City transforms into a magical place for the holiday season, and it's absolutely beautiful and a must see and do experience. Here is just a glimpse of how the season is carried out in Manhattan and Queens.

1. Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

The parade marks the official start of the holiday season, especially once Santa makes his appearance at the end.

2. 106.7 Lite FM

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F11%2F26%2F6361573531038450561058542988_aHR0cDovL2NvbnRlbnQuY2xlYXJjaGFubmVsLmNvbS9jYy1jb21tb24vbWxpYi8xNTE0NC8wNy8xNTE0NF8xMzczNjM3NjcxLmdpZg%3D%3D.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=538&h=6adb015c384812a6af88b94ff769fd02b3882489851572cf65e349df34af67c9&size=980x&c=4183183575 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F11%252F26%252F6361573531038450561058542988_aHR0cDovL2NvbnRlbnQuY2xlYXJjaGFubmVsLmNvbS9jYy1jb21tb24vbWxpYi8xNTE0NC8wNy8xNTE0NF8xMzczNjM3NjcxLmdpZg%253D%253D.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D538%26h%3D6adb015c384812a6af88b94ff769fd02b3882489851572cf65e349df34af67c9%26size%3D980x%26c%3D4183183575%22%7D" expand=1]

Everyone who Iives in NY, specifically NYC, knows that they can always rely on 106.7 for continuous Christmas music to put them in a good mood.

3. Rockefellar Center Christmas Tree

The Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree tradition is one of the most magical parts of NYC for the holiday season. No matter how many times you see the tree, it continues to amaze you because of it's enormousness and beautiful representation.

3. Window Displays

The elaborate and over the top Manhattan window displays always leave people in awe and capture the holiday spirit. They are so intricate and detailed that you can spend a day, or better a night, walking around and admiring them all.

4. Radio City Christmas Spectacular

The show, starring the famous Radio City Music Hall Rockettes, is a truly spectacular production (hence the name), that captures all aspects of the NYC Christmas experience, and remains a holiday tradition for many people and families.

5. The Fifth Avenue Snowflake

The bright crystal snowflake hangs high on 5th Avenue and 57th street.

6. Saks Fifth Avenue

A beautiful synchronized light show is projected onto the side of the 10 story high store building, putting on an over the top display.

7. Sixth Avenue Christmas Ornaments

Right across from Radio City, is the traditional Christmas Ornaments display. As they sit on top of the fountain, they pose as a great Christmas card background.

8. Sixth Avenue Oversized Christmas Lights

Right down the block from the Christmas Ornaments is another photo location where an oversized string of lights is displayed.

9. Winter Village at Bryant Park

Food, shops, ice skating, games, art, a Christmas Tree; this is what you will find at Bryant Park's Winter Village. It's a great place to spend a day with friends or family.

10. Central Park

Whether it's enjoying a ride on the decorated Carousel, going ice skating at Wollman Rink, or admiring the frozen lakes, Central Park is beautiful during the holidays, especially if it snows.

11. Macy's Herald Square

Yes, it sure is a Miracle on 34th Street. Whether it's going to Santa Land, admiring the window displays, or shopping, Macy's knows how to do Christmas.

12. Whitestone Light Fight House

Take a ride to Queens and you will find the winner of the first "Great Christmas Light Fight". The house is decked out in thousands of lights, figurines, molds, and projections that will leave you shocked.