Holiday Encounters As Told By Elf

Holiday Encounters As Told By Elf

We all have those family members that butt into our personal lives. We've got the answers for them!

16
Holiday Encounters As Told By Elf
WolfHouse

I'm sure you're all thinking about it. We are all stoked that finals are over and winter break is upon us. No studying. No assignments. No tests. Stress levels can go down and we can finally catch up on all the sleep we were too busy to get all semester. But along with winter break comes holiday gatherings, usually with extended family members we haven't seen in awhile (could it be since the last holiday party?), and those dreaded questions no one wants to answer. Here are just a few common ones, and how we would answer them:

1. How did your semester go?

Well, I pulled countless all nighters, I've been stressed since the semester started, I have no money because life is expensive, and I had no time for much of anything but studying (and by studying, I mean binge watching Netflix when I should be studying). Thanks for asking!

2. Why are you still single?

Well, as we just discussed, I haven't had much time or money for much of anything. And the boys (notice I said boys, not men) in college do not share my idea of a date night. No, frat parties are not my idea of a date. But then again, I could just be crazy.

3. *Family member just got engaged* So when will you and *insert significant other’s name here* going to tie the knot?

I am not *said family member*. I am doing what is right for me, and I am not ready for marriage right now. Best of luck to the happy couple, though!

4. What are your plans after school? Aren't you worried about finding a job?

Yes, yes I am worried about finding a job. I am worried about impressing future employers. I can tell you what I am hoping to do after graduation, but I can't tell you this for certain because I can't predict the future. So please stop questioning my future. I'm sure something will work out.

5. So when do you have time to sleep?

I get a solid 4 hours of sleep a night. Except for finals week - at this point, I'm lucky if I get a solid 45 minutes. Study, study, baby!

6. Isn't college expensive? How are you paying for it?

Yes, college is expensive. My financial standing is my business, thank you for asking. Unless you're offering to hook me up with a few thousand in cash, please let me worry about my bills.