His Reckless Love

His Reckless Love

He leaves the ninety-nine just for me.

275
His Reckless Love
Stocksnap

This is something that's been on my heart:

So often, we get lost in the chaos. We get lost in the demands and obligations. We are like a flock of sheep grazing in pasture, and we wander off whenever something catches our eye.

This is something I have begun to realize about myself. So often, I find myself chasing the wind. Chasing selfish desires and hopeless ambition, and finding no reward. I run after the possessions of this world and gain nothing from them. So, why do I keep running? Why do I keep chasing after that which is not eternal? Why am I chasing after goals and desires that will never satisfy?

The truth is, I am flawed. I am a sheep that so often looses her way. I seem to run often, chase with ambition and fall hard, and it only then when I finally realize that I've gotten lost. But, in all honest, it shouldn't be this way. I shouldn't dwell on my failures, my high hopes or the desires that will never quite satisfy. But rather, I should dwell on this truth; I am Shepherded by my Heavenly Father and He will leave the ninety-nine to find me every time.

God has an immense love for all His children. He constantly pursues us, he continually walks with us and He will always satisfy. So, we need to stop chasing the wind. We need to stop running and aimlessly wandering down roads that will never lead us home. I know it's easier said than done, but I'm slowly learning that all that is needed to satisfy is His Reckless love. Even though I didn't earn it and I don't deserve it, He gives it anyway. And when I finally understand this, I will never be hungry or thirsty for the treasures of this world. For as Psalm 23:1 says, "The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing."

When you fully surrender to the Shepherd, you shall never want, for His reckless love will always be enough to satisfy.