Hey Winter, I Hate You

Hey Winter, I Hate You

Don't even think about coming around this year.

107
Hey Winter, I Hate You
MMELBYE

There's nothing in this world I hate more than being cold.

I am the person who is always freezing and can wear jeans and a long sleeve in 90-degree weather. I mean, I never stop being cold. So, the fact that November is officially here, means that winter is approaching with its cold dead hands ready to make me hate my life for months on end.

I seriously hate winter.

I hate the sight of snow, I hate that you have to stand out in the freezing cold tundra and brush the snow off your windshield just to be able to drive. I hate that I have to bundle up in a parka and look like Randy from A Christmas Story just to be somewhat comfortable.

BUT THEN, by the time you get to class you are oddly hot because you were so bundled up, but any less clothing and you would have frozen to death. I mean, no one can actually like this weather??? No one can actually be like, "Wow, I love freezing and having to drive in this s#!@!" I am simply not emotionally prepared to have to wake up 20 minutes earlier than I already do and have to drive 20 mph slower because dumb-dumb at the front of the line of traffic thought it was a good idea to not check their tires, or are scared of going the speed limit.

Winter brings out the worst in me. I wish I could be a bear and could sleep throughout the season and wake up when the snow is gone and the sun is finally shining again. I hate that the sky is grey for over 4 months and you maybe get two days of sunshine.

Also, let's not forget about how the snow turns into this brown/grey slush about 10 minutes after it falls and from that point forward it's just grey/brown slush for the rest of winter.

I've never been the type of person who needs snow for it to feel like Christmas. Give me a palm tree, sunshine, and 80-degree weather and I will still have the holiday spirit. I don't need snow or negative 20-degree weather to make me feel like it's the holidays.

I don't need that in my life at all.

Winter makes me cringe. It makes my heart hurt to think about the extreme cold that's about to be plaguing the North. So, I am not ready for winter. I'll never be ready for winter. I am sticking my middle finger to winter right now, wishing somehow I could get it to go away and never return. Here's to wishing for a green Christmas, with no snow, 75-degrees and sunny.