5 Heroes We Might Say Goodbye To In 'Avengers: Infinity War'

Not everyone can survive.
73

Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past few months, you’d know that the date is fast approaching for Marvel’s Infinity War. While we always hope for all our favs to survive, there’s just too many good guys in this movie for that to happen. Here are some of the heroes we’re mostly likely to lose on May 4th.

1. Iron Man

Tony Stark has been a fixation of the MCU for a long time. Since the character’s first appearance in 2008, the suave “millionaire, playboy, philanthropist” has been played by, in frankly perfect casting, Robert Downey Jr. But Iron Man has been a forefront of the MCU for 10 years now, and it might be time to hang up the suit. It’s a sad truth that Iron Man is just simply running out of story ideas.

That, coupled with the fact that RDJ’s contract is one of the most expensive in Hollywood, is pushing hard for suspicions that Iron Man might be one of the fatalities this coming May.

2. Starlord

Yes, the character has only had two movies so far, both of which were great successes for Marvel, but Star-Lord faces much the same problem as Iron Man. After the massively successful Jurassic World film, Chris Pratt’s contract has also become one of the more expensive to hold up.

The fact that Marvel is bringing in so many A-list actors for Infinity War might be their way of a grand goodbye. Then again, Marvel could just be getting started with the Guardians movies as a new franchise. We really won’t know until May.

3. Drax the Destroyer

If you’ve seen the Guardians of the Galaxy films, you’d know that Drax has a serious thirst for revenge against Thanos. He was the one who ordered Ronan to kill Drax’s family, after all. It wouldn’t be a stretch to imagine the mouthy hero losing his life in his fervent quest to destroy Thanos for good.

With how loved Drax is as a relatable hero though, it can be hard to tell which direction Marvel will go with him. Due to how marketable Groot and Rocket are, and the fact that Gamora is the only strong female lead in the Guardians, it seems that if there is a Guardian that is to die in the film, it will most likely be Drax.

4. The Collector

I know he’s not really one of the main heroes or villains, but there’s a very real possibility that the Collector will be dead before he movie even begins. Remember that the red gem, the Reality stone, was given to him to protect after Thor: The Dark World?

But since Thanos is looking for the gem, its likely that the Mad Titan already retrieved his property from the Collector, which means he’s most likely already dead. Thanos isn’t known for his mercy. What would make his death especially disappointing is that we were just teased with the fact that the Grandmaster, played by Jeff Goldblum in Thor: Ragnarok, is his brother. I don’t know about the rest of the Marvel fandom, but I really wanted to see what would happen if the two brothers reunited.

5. War Machine

Unfortunately, we all saw Rhode’s rather grievous injuries in Civil War, the fall that left him paralyzed from the waist-down. It seems like Tony Stark has built him a suit that will keep him upright and, in the fight, but honestly James Rhodes should be done.

It is hard to see any of the non-super heroes surviving this fight, much less one that already has a debilitating and costly injury. Unless Marvel has Rhodey take over the title of Iron Man after Tony’s death, I don’t see him making it to the end of Infinity War in one piece.