Here's to Life

Here's to Life

Tragedy upon tragedy upon tragedy has me thinking.... I want to be better in this life.

3
Here's to Life

If there's anything I'm realizing with the headlines this week is that life is fragile, and life is precious. There truly are no words for the loss of Kobe and Gianna Bryant, along with the other people on the helicopter on Sunday. With how broken society is today, it's remarkable to see America come together upon a tragedy such as this. First Mac Miller, then LSU OC's daughter-in-law, and now this.

It makes me wonder what I can do better. For myself, for my friends, for my family, for strangers, and for my enemies.

How can I treat my friends better? How can I help my parents? How can I be kind when someone is rude? How can I walk away with no reaction? What can I say to the people in my life to show them what they mean to me? How do I "kill people with kindness?"

The new decade was a reminder for me to do better in all these aspects. Sunday's tragic news was another reminder for me to do better, and I hope it served other people to do the same as well. One day you are here and the next you are not, so spend your time wisely, hold those you love tight, and be kind-hearted to EVERYONE.