To the people who have always stuck by me, this is for you

Here's To The Real Friends Who've Stuck Around

You deserve it all.

15
google images
Kelly Harrakka

I've had my fair share of friendships that have fallen out. It sucks to get close to someone and then realize that you aren't as good of friends as you thought. However, I've also had a couple friends that I have known since I was younger who have always stuck by me.

The ones I still talk to from home are always ready to listen to me. If something happens with school, family, a significant other, or any other problem, a friend should be there to listen. I usually just want to vent and have them tell me I'm right more so than getting reasonable advice. And, they have always done that for me. No matter how stupid the situation, and there have been some really dumb ones, they have always cared enough to listen.

The friends I have now are able to adapt to how I've grown as a person. We all went to colleges all over the United States. We've also had a lot of contrasting experiences that have shaped us into who we are now. College has forced us to grow into completely new people from when we graduated from high school. However, we all respect the decisions we have made and the differences in our personalities.

Whenever my friends and I get together we're all able to laugh at our younger selves. We bring up past experiences and stories that make us relive the cringe moments and enjoy the good ones. I know whatever I say around them, they aren't going to judge me and instead are going to support me in whatever I think or say. Through all the stupid stuff we did and all the serious situations we dealt with, we were always there for each other. We even mail bracelets to each other. They helped me through a lot growing up and I'm really thankful for them.