11 Health Benefits Of Sleeping Naked

11 Fully Exposed Health Benefits Of Sleeping Buck Naked

Stripping down has never felt, or been, so good.

221
Instagram

.

1. You sleep better 

Lowering your skin temperature elevates your chances of a deeper sleep, which in turn reduces the number of times you wake up during the night.

2. It reduces stress

Stress can actually suppress your immune system and increase the risk of anxiety, depression, and heart disease. Prolonged stress causes the body's cortisol levels to, for lack of a better term, go crazy. Adequate sleep restores those cortisol levels back to normal, which improves your stress level overall. As stated above, sleeping naked ensures a better nights rest.

3. It is healthier

Keeping your body cool while you sleep increases your metabolism because your body is producing more "brown fat" to keep you warm. Brown fat generates heat by burning calories, which in turn helps boosts your metabolism all day long.

4. Sleeping naked improves blood circulation 

Removing clothes improves blood circulation, because your body is less constricted, which is good for your heart, muscles, and tissues.

5. It can lead to healthier hair 

Sweating in your sleep can cause build-up of salt, which damages strands of hair. Likewise, if you do not shampoo every day, the salt deposits can irritate your scalp. Any exposure to moisture increases the chance of damage to your hair.

6. It's just easier 

You don't have to buy pajamas! Save some money!

7. Skin-on-skin contact is good for overall health 

Whether you are sleeping alone or with a partner, skin-on-skin contact releases copious amounts of oxytocin, a really beneficial neurotransmitter.

8. Sleeping naked can help your skin

Sleeping without clothes gives your normally covered, restricted body areas a chance to air out, which reduces your chances of skin-related diseases, such as athlete's foot.

9. It balances your melatonin and human growth hormone levels

Melatonin and HGH help the body prevent aging. When you sleep with clothes on, your body heats up and suppresses the effective uses of these hormones. Essentially, sleeping in clothes makes you grow old faster.

10. It keeps your sex organs in check 

For men, sleeping in a cooler environment keeps the testes at a cooler temperature, which leads to healthier, elevated levels of sperm. For women, on the other hand, sleeping naked allows for a cooler, airy environment that can reduce yeast infections.

11. Sleeping naked builds confidence 

Sleeping naked teaches you to be comfortable in your own skin. As your comfort with your body increases, so does your self-esteem and confidence.