Having Faith.

Having Faith.

"For we live by faith, not by sight."

95
Having Faith.

When I was younger, I remember going on a road trip with my family. My dad was driving down a road with very little lights and it was hard for me to see anything. Somehow, I still felt safe because my dad was driving and I believed that he knew what he was doing, so I went to sleep. This night taught me a little something about faith.

I once heard faith being described as driving at 100 mph in the dark with little to no sight. (Just like my dad did during that trip, but not at 100 mph thankfully.) Faith is something that I believe many people interpret differently. For me, faith is believing that no matter what conditions you are put in, there will always be an answer for something that is happening around you. Many people around the world say that they have complete and total faith in God, but they may have a different definition of faith. The Bible describes faith as having confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we cannot or do not see.

Honestly, I love the idea of faith… Putting complete and total trust in God is simply beautiful. Being able to give up the wheel to your life and sitting in the passenger seat while God steers sounds so relaxing.

Yet, we consistently find ourselves trying to take over the wheel. We are constantly and consistently scared of letting go and letting God take control that we lose our way. If something doesn’t go the way that we want it to, we try to take control and we tend to make things even worse. We're scared of the inevitable, so we want to be able to control every detail of our lives. So we lose our faith. This is where things can get a little complicated.

Saying you have faith and living like you have faith are two completely different things. You can say you have faith all you want, but you won’t be able get anything done if you don’t have faith that God will control everything you do. Even the smallest amount of faith can get you far. Remember, sometimes all you need is faith as small as a mustard seed and God will do the rest. This is true in so many circumstances. Believe that God can save you and be willing to put everything on the line for Him. Don’t just hope that He can save you, believe that He can. After all, faith without action is dead.

Biblical advice? Trust God. Keep in mind that He has everything under control. He might speed up or slow down, take a different route unexpectedly or swerve to dodge an obstacle in the road. But don’t worry. God is the best driver in the world and trust me, you wouldn’t want anybody else driving your car, sometimes you won’t even want to drive. Don’t be afraid to enjoy the ride from the passenger seat where you can sit back and relax while God does the hard part. Let go of the wheel and let God drive… And don’t be a back seat driver.

Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Jesus Christ.