It's Okay To Not Have Life Figured Out Yet

Life is a mess during young-adulthood, but it is a beautiful mess.

74
Unsplash.com

As young adults, it’s easy to fall into a stage of uneasiness because we don’t have our lives figured out yet. We forget that we are still young and we still have a lot of trials and errors to be made before we find what best suits us in life. There are so many trials and errors to be made in this early stage of adulthood and it is completely normal to not be sure on which path to take.

In today’s society, we are so wrapped up in various social media which are controlled by young platforms around the same age as us and we tend to compare our success to theirs. It’s becoming an everyday habit of asking ourselves what it is that we’re doing wrong and what things are we lacking that is holding us back from being popular and wealthy like them.

We so often see those people earning a living through social media and other big platforms. I️ consider circumstance and luck as the only two factors that separate us from them. There is nothing wrong with being young and lost, and just because we aren’t where we want to be in life yet doesn’t mean we are deemed unsuccessful.

Notice how I said “yet.” There is plenty of time for us to grow, venture through life, make connections, and build ourselves up into the people we want to be. Each and every one of us moves at their own pace in life and we shouldn’t compare ourselves to others.

Focusing on your own individual strengths and weaknesses is the only way to find yourself. Trust the process of discovering what you’re destined to be and trust the process of reaching your full level of potential.

Being young is all about living. It’s our time to figure out life and all it has to offer. It’s our time to make mistakes just to learn and grow from them.

Remember that life shapes you into who you are and one day you will be shaped into a successful and prosperous person who can lead a glamorous and intriguing lifestyle just like the 20 year-olds we see on Instagram and YouTube.

Embrace the present as well as the future and enjoy all that life has to offer while growing up and taking on the world in your own way. Pursue an education or take another route that best suites whats best for you.

As long as you believe in yourself and support yourself throughout this process of young-adulthood, everything will fall into place when the time is right.