10 Best Starbucks Drinks For Those Who Hate The Taste Of Coffee

I have a lot of people come up to me when I'm on the register and ask me if I can get them a drink that has caffeine in it but doesn't taste too coffee or espresso-y.

2243
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/01/16/636517205236223979-1838482795_starbucks-in-harlem.jpg

While I am a Starbucks barista, I am not a fan of coffee (well mainly just the caffeine part of coffee and other Starbucks drinks). As someone who struggles with chronic headaches and migraines, caffeine is a big no-no for me, but thanks to this, I have become an expert on what drinks have a ton of caffeine in them, no caffeine in them or just don't taste like coffee.

I have a lot of people come up to me when I'm on the register and ask me if I can get them a drink that has caffeine in it but doesn't taste too coffee or espresso-y. Here are my top 10 go to hot drinks for those of you who crave caffeine but hate the taste of it.

1. Raspberry White Chocolate Mocha

It's a little on the fruity side while still having a nice rich, sweet white mocha taste. This drink is perfect for people who want to try something new or are craving something fruity.

2. Peppermint White Mocha

It's safe to say that if you want something on the sweeter side that has some espresso shots in it, stick to drinks with white mocha.

3. Salted Caramel White Mocha

A nice, sweet taste with a little bit of caramel flavor which makes it a little on the nutty side.

4. Cinnamon Bun Mocha

For a grande or a tall, this drink is one pump of mocha, one pump of white mocha, one pump of vanilla and one pump of cinnamon dolce. It's typically pretty sweet, but if you want it sweeter, you can add another pump of white mocha.

5. Butterscotch Latte

It's a caramel and toffee nut latte -- perfectly sweet. Feel free to add a pump of white mocha to it if you want it to be richer.

6. White Chocolate Cinnamon Dirty Chai

It's a dirty chai latte (chai with one or two espresso shots) with two pumps of cinnamon dolce and two white mocha (this is for grande). Sweet and rich.

7. Raspberry Mocha

This is similar to the raspberry white mocha, but you use regular mocha instead. If you prefer more chocolate, this is the better one for you.

8. Zebra Mocha

A mix of white mocha and mocha. Add a pump or two of vanilla if you want to sweeten it. Simple and classic. This drink can also be referred to as a Black and White Mocha, a Tuexdo Mocha, etc.

9. Snickerdoodle Mocha

Very similar to the cinnamon bun mocha but with only white mocha. Use white mocha and cinnamon dolce syrup to make this yummy concoction.

10. S'mores Mocha

Just a regular mocha with chestnut praline syrup. It might not taste exactly like a campfire s'more, but it'll leave you wanting some more.

Hope these satisfy your cravings for caffeine and help you start off the semester strong (and awake)! If you want to check out other drinks, just check out the links below. Just be sure to remember that all stores are different and some stores carry different syrups. Use this handy guide for reference:

1. Find the drink you would like to try and note the recipe, not just the name.
2. The most important thing to remember when ordering a secret menu drink is that not all Baristas are familiar with the drink names. Order by recipe.
3. Depending on what drink you're ordering and what add-ins there are, be prepared for extra costs. Additions such as bananas will bring your total up, but remember that paying with a registered Starbucks card or with the Starbucks mobile app will earn you stars towards free rewards.