Don't Try To Talk 'Harry Potter' With Me If You Haven't Read The Books

If you haven’t read the books, I don’t have time to waste on you.

220
Instagram

If you know me at all, you probably know that I love "Harry Potter." I love everything about "Harry Potter" and every single time I think about it it just gets better and better. There are so many little things inside the “Harry Potter” series that make it so spectacular. If you’ve read the books already, I will gladly talk your ear off about every little minuscule and beautiful detail.

I cannot tell you how many times people have tried to tell me that “Harry Potter” isn’t as great as I think it is— whether it’s because they think it’s Satanic, childish, or just sort of average. However, the thing that all these naysayers have in common is that they haven’t read the books. Maybe they’ve seen some or all of the movies or maybe they’ve read the first book or two, but they haven’t truly experienced the series the way you do when you actually read all seven books.

There are so many remarkable things in the books that were left out of the movies— so much character development, and frankly, so much Quidditch. It’s a waste of my time to talk about the "Harry Potter" books with you if you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Additionally, I’m not about to spoil the whole series for you in order for you to see my point.

You have to actually read the books start to finish to see why the books aren’t Satanic— they actually promote Christian ideals. You have to actually read all the books to see that they’re not childish— Rowling advanced the reading skill level as the books progressed to follow her target audience as they grew up. That’s just extraordinary in my opinion.

You can’t truly see all the magic of the “Harry Potter” series if you haven’t read them. The fact that people actually try to convince me that they’re not that great when they haven’t even read them astounds me. I’m not going to try to convince you to change your mind— that’s not my job. All you have to do is read the books and you’ll see just what I’m talking about. Until you do, don’t try to talk "Harry Potter" with me.