Happy Holidays?

Happy Holidays?

Let people say what they want.
13

In recent years the phrase "Happy Holidays" has over run its use everywhere. I have used this before to customers at my store, Walmart, fast food places, you name it. What I don't like about it though is the over all term for the season.

We are usually born into our religion some choose it later in life, and others tend not to practice at all. That's okay. What's not okay is telling someone they're wrong for saying Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, or even Merry Kanzaa.

"Just say happy holidays so you don't offend anyone."

NO

You should say what ever makes you comfortable.

To better explain, picture this.

A man is shopping for the holidays, he checks out in your lane and says. "Happy Hanukkah, and enjoy the New Year!" What do you say?

Simple! You wish them a Happy Hanukkah and a great New Year as well! There's nothing wrong with being kind and respectful about someone's religion. Your religion does not make you better than anyone. This should be the same vise versa.

Why does it matter?
Happy Holidays doesn't hurt anyone?

No, of course it doesn't! I say it from time to time myself. But in recent years I've seen first hand people try to not only stop "Merry Christmas" but other religious wishings as well. Making Happy Holidays the only option. Again, the saying isn't bad. What it's doing though is taking out people religious beliefs to make them conform to what society wants.

You have to remember that these people went out of their way to say something nice to you. Which is something that is becoming more and more rare as the years go on. The LAST thing you should be is offended. If you are offended by any of those terms, then you need to re-evaluate how you celebrate the holiday season because you're doing something wrong.