Happy Belated Birthday Michael

Happy Belated Birthday Michael

To the greatest entertainer in history, happy birthday!

13
Happy Belated Birthday Michael

I remember his death like it JUST happened! June 25th, 2009, I was out of school on my summer break. I was at my aunt's house. We randomly turned the t.v. to the news channel. At first, it was not clear if he had passed away or not. The only thing everyone was sure about was that he had been found unresponsive and was rushed to the hospital.

From what I remember, it was not confirmed that he actually passed away until a few hours later in the day. When the news finally came, I really cannot remember what I thought. My shock usually is delayed. I think days later is when my disbelief kicked in.

Everyone in my family always played his music. I grew up hearing it, but I didn't really appreciate it until after his death. Now that I am older, if I discover a great artist I completely focus on their style and craft, I take it all in. I fully EXPERIENCE it while they are living. Like a lot of people, "Thriller" creeped me out. The video itself was entertaining to me; but listening to the song late at night did not sit well with me. My favorite song by him is probably "Rock My World".

Michael Jackson is one of the very few artists I know who's music LITERALLY travels from generation to generation. Elders, adults, teenagers, even YOUNG children know who he is and his music. It is very hard to accomplish such task, but if you do, you are GOLDEN! If I have children, I can't wait to blast his music even while they are still in my womb; I will legit put bluetooth speakers up against my belly, THEY WILL KNOW WHO HE IS!

Happy belated birthday KING! I hope you continue to rest in peace.