Things to look forward to in Spring

8 Moments Of Happiness, Brought To You By Sunshine

Shorts weather, where ya at?

66
Grace Kinnicutt

To all my pals who have experienced the most brutal winter, we have survived and only have a few more weeks till warmer weather (hopefully) is gracing us with its presence. From -50 degree days, to 50 degrees all within a day and then back to snowstorms and ice storms the next week, I think everyone is finally reading for spring weather.

From having to get a new car battery due to the cold, and freezing while walking to class I am ready for some warm weather and all I can think about is sunshine beaming down and basically glowing.

Warm weather

This one is just obvious at this point, as long as the weather is above 40 degrees, that is a heat wave to me. Goodbye winter coat and hello light jacket weather.

Sunshine

Honestly, the spring and summer sun is just better than the winter sun. The winter sun just gives me false hope, I want the warm weather with the sunshine, not the cold weather. I want to feel the warmth envelope me like I'm in a blanket burrito.

Flowers

Flowers are so beautiful and I could stare at them for eternity. I have major heart eyes for every flower I come across or see in photos.

Shorts and sandals

I love wearing and buying boots just as much as the next person but I love sandals and just being able to slip them on instead of having to lace and zip-up my boots. I love shorts because I feel more comfortable in them...but not as comfortable as I am in leggings, I love leggings.

The breeze

It's not too harsh and cold, but just cold enough for a light jacket. Honestly, whenever there's that perfect spring breeze I just want to sit on a wrap-around porch and never move because I feel so at peace with everything. But, the summer nighttime breeze is my favorite — just enough to cool you off after spending a day in the sun.

The epitome of happiness is a summer breeze.

Longer days

I love gaining an extra hour of sleep but as soon as it hits four in the afternoon I'm like "Ope, bedtime" because it's already dark. So yes, I will be happy with losing an extra hour of sleep for the sun to be out longer and for me to live my best life.

Green, everywhere

I love being able to look out my window and actually see some LIFE on those beautiful trees. Everything just looks too sad and lonely in the winter.

Pure happiness

Honestly, I am beaming with rays of sunshine during the spring and summer because of how content and happy I feel with the sunshine beaming down.

During the winter, the only time I go outside is to drive somewhere, class or for food. Other than that, I avoid going out in the cold. The warmer weather makes me want to spend as much time as possible outside. And I can sit out on the quad and do homework.