Long Hair Struggles As Told By Grey's Anatomy

7 Struggles All Girls With Long Hair Will Understand (As Told By Grey's Anatomy)

Long hair is great, but every great thing comes with its struggles. Who better to tell them than Grey's Anatomy?

56
ABC
https://www.thoughtco.com/greys-anatomy-season-5-synopsis-3284488

To all of my long-haired (and even medium length) friends, isn't hair amazing? It's a personal accessory, custom-made (quite literally, thanks to biology), only for you. It can be curly, straight, wavy or a unique mix nestled in between. While hair is great, there are some things that all girls with long hair understand, struggles we regularly deal with. Everything is a give and take, and having long, flowing locks is no exception.

1. School Desks

I'm sitting in class getting ready for the day's lesson, and I want to check if I have my homework. When I lean over my folder, I feel a tug. Sigh. It's those silver knobs on the seats of school desks, and my hair is caught in them. Well, guess I needed a haircut anyway.

2. Tangles

I could be casually combing my hair or in a rush in the morning, and no matter what I do or how clean my hair is, there are tangles. And my hair is straight. I can only imagine how much harder it is for my curly-haired friends.

3. Everyone can see the oil

The longer my hair it is, the more obvious that I haven't washed it. There's no hiding anywhere.

4. Overheating

Any day that it's hot, I feel it. My head lets me know. The more hair I have, the more I turn into a human thermometer. Hair is an insulator all right.

5. Hair stylists don't understand the length you want

I asked for a half of an inch, and I walked out of there with a bowl-cut. Awesome. Fabulous. Just what I wanted.

6. The Touchers and Braiders

There's always somebody that wants to braid my hair and touch it when it's long. It's like I'm a mouse in an experiment.

7. Pixie Cut Envy

I love my long hair! Look how flowy and silky it is! But wait, that girl with the pixie cut looks so fashion-forward and empowered. Should I? Maybe...

There it is: six struggles all girls with long hair will understand, as told by the lovely Grey's Anatomy. How many of these could you relate to?