A Guide On Making The Most Out Of Your Next Concert Experience
Self Love

Concerts are amazing experiences all on their own, but there is plenty we can do to make the most of them!

79
Mady Goebel

As summer approaches, so does concert season. Whether you're going to a festival like Lollapalooza or a normal tour concert, the experience is most likely going to be extremely memorable. But, as with most things in life, there is plenty we can do to make the absolute most of them! Since I am prepping for a concert, myself, in the coming weeks I thought it'd be a good idea to share some tips I do as well as what some of my friends do in order to fully prepare themselves for and to thoroughly enjoy a concert!

Tips for logistics (1-8):

Tips for the fun: (9-15):

Buy the tickets.

Duh?

Arrange travel.

Nothing is worse than realizing the day before (or of!) the concert that you don't know how you're getting there. Anticipate traffic or delays. Make sure you can pay for any parking fees. Figure out any carpools.

Be fed and hydrated.

Especially it's an all-day festival or you can't bring your own, make sure you plan ahead to eat before and drink throughout the day. Or make sure you have money to get concessions during the concert. Concerts can be physically draining, so you got to make sure your body is probably fueled to get the most out of it. It's a great idea to have snacks in the car for the way home from a concert.

Make sure your phone is charged.

This is important for safety and staying in touch with whoever you're going to the concert with as well as with any family members checking in on you. Also if you're someone who loves to take lots of photos or videos at a concert it's the worst if your phone dies before your favorite song or it notifies you that you have no storage left! It's nice to leave a charger in your car, so you can charge it on your way home as well.

Be comfortable.

1. Not only in the location of the concert and who you're with but also in your attire. Take the weather into account (especially if it's outside). If you're going to be standing all day or night, wear comfortable shoes. And just wear clothes that you want to be in -- You're the one wearing it for three+ hours, so it might as well be something you'll be comfortable in.

Plan for bathroom breaks.

This goes for logistics and fun, but you don't want to get stuck in the position where you may have to leave a performance -- perhaps your favorite song -- and you have to leave to go the bathroom. How unfortunate?! Don't let it happen to you.

Expect to experience All The Feels.

If you know the artist(s) may sing a song that just hits you in the feels every time, maybe it's a good idea to wear waterproof mascara or bring tissues. Or just let anyone you're at the concert with to pay no mind if you get overwhelmed with the emotions (whether that means you start crying or are just hyper-excited because of the energy of the concert).

Be thoughtful. 

You don't want to have to carry around a big bag all day or night. Also just think about bag checks...don't bring stuff you know security is going to take. Make sure you have money and an ID and your phone...there isn't much else you really need.

Get hyped!

However you do this, go for it! One of the best ways is to jam (weeks before and) on the journey to the concert.

Become familiar with the songs and the lyrics!

Concerts are for losing your voice, right?!

Relax.

Just know that you need to be flexible because everything may not go as planned, but it's still going to be great and you just need to sit back and enjoy it!

Go with someone that will enjoy the concert (& the artist(s)) just as much as you and that you'll have fun with!

Don't bring a Debby-downer and definitely don't become one! You're there for a good time. Don't care about others may think about you...go crazy, dance, scream the lyrics, lose your freaking mind.

But also...don't be afraid to go by yourself.

Live in the moment and be yourself! Don't deny yourself a memorable experience just because everyone else is busy or doesn't like the artist(s).

Merch.

Rep it if you got it. Bring money if you want it. But also remember that you could probably get the same t-shirts for cheaper online.

Be as cringey as you want!

Pay no mind to the side glances. Just be yourself. Take as many photos as you want. Dress up or down as much as you want. Record the whole concert if you want to. You spent the money, so make it worth it! Embrace the crazy fan and extrovert inside of you!